Menu
How many Americans live in Guangzhou?I Would like to meet you.
Jun 14, 2009 23:26
GUEST11583 You can contact me, e-mail blueyankee44 Yahoo
Jun 17, 2009 22:12
  • JIM_BRANTLEY
Hello, everyone. My name is Jim. I am really giving China a strong look as a possible place to retire. I teach Business English, Western Culture, Conflict Resolution, Western Business Practices, customs, and protocol. I believe finding work would not be an issue; perhaps something on the side which would not eat up my all important liesure time. Any advice, ideas, comments, suggestions, or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time on this. I look forward to meeting you. My SKYPE name is Jimmy.Lee.Brantley and my user name here is Jim_Brantley. Have a good day.
Jun 18, 2009 23:52
GUEST22206 If you are looking to retire here in China,or Guangzhou,Perhaps its best if you research into all the conditions for such a move,required of you.The future is a long way off ,even for those of us whom are retired already.China is a young persons game,and if you
are too old,teaching is a problem,if over sixty years old. Your reasons must be sound
ones,as you will find out,there can be many implications for retirees in many parts of
China and its cities.Its much easier to see what your losses could be,and what your poss
ible gains may be.Before you make any mistakes,consider what your future will be like,
should this be a mistake for you to do. Just think about it. The Adventure is great,the Reality is sobering.
Jun 20, 2009 12:18
  • QFARRY
i am a chinese live in guangzhou.
Jun 27, 2009 03:00
GUEST22643 Hey how are u all ? i am henry chinese in gz , i live in tianhe .my msn is live.cn|goodhenry add me if you want
Jun 27, 2009 05:49
GUEST19075 Add you to what?
Jun 30, 2009 23:21
GUESTGUEST L... Hi,

Can someone explain some of the restrictions / limitations of having foreigners over sixty years old in China ?

Are they not allowed to or discouraged from working ?

Would appreciate some explanations please ?

Thanks, LA Guy
Jul 3, 2009 20:20
GUESTKEN Hey everyone, I guess I'm somewhat of the oddball here; reason being, I was born in gz and i am a chinese citizen, but I have lived in the US for almost all my life. So if there is anyone who wants to just hang out and chat or whatever I am free on the weekends.... and if there is anyone that isnt really familiar with gz I might be able to help...(I hope.) well E-mail me if you would like to contact: hotmail.com|zerox678 And I really don't mind just chattin up with anyoen from the US or any other part of the world!
Jul 7, 2009 20:00
GUEST04184
Hi there,

How are you. My name is JonJo and I am also coming to teach English in Guangzhou starting on September 1st. It would be great to meet up with you. I also have the same querie with regards to the cost of living as I shall be on the same salary as you are. With a furnished apartment provided and return flight paid for.

My details are below and it would be great if you want to hook up in China...

see ya, JonJo

Mobile: +44 (0) 7972 401 416
Homemade: +44 (0) 131 621 0035
E'mail: mac.com|ojoycejon
Skype ID: jonojoyce

Jul 11, 2009 23:56
GUESTFROGGY Hey LA guy, i'm currently in the Guangzhou area and will be starting work in Dongguan, about 50 minutes away, so i've been told anyway. I'm from Byron Bay, Australia and will be teaching for at least 12 months in dongguan so if you would like to hang out or know anything please send me an email (simon.shearman@ gmail . com).

Cheers, Simon.
Page 2 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How many Americans live in Guangzhou?I Would like to meet you.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code