Menu
Is marriage a game?
Dec 27, 2007 04:54
To over come these problems, I prefer to follow any Religion. Old people have long marriage life due to follow the religion. New age people we hate Religion, so we falling many unseen problems.

Good point Lionpower, this is the reason a person can only marry once in most churches unless they are widowed, you can usually only get a marraige blessed in church after being divorced.
I hope to have my marraige blessed in church here in the London sometime in the next year or so, I'm not really a religious person but I do believe it is the right thing to do.
Alan
Dec 27, 2007 06:57
  • LIONPOWER
Thanks Alan for your understanding.
May God bless you.
Dec 27, 2007 09:05
GUEST10249 My parents always told me that before I get married, I should take a marriage preparation course from our church. They have these courses so that couples can mentally prepare themselves for the technicalities of marriage (i.e. who manages the money), as well as the differences between married life and singled life. I trust the pastors because they've seen many people get married and divorced in their careers and probably have some good things to say about how to keep a healthy marriage.

My personal philosophy is that a couple needs a spiritual practice to keep them both together, such as their faith. It's so easy for two people leaning on each other to become disappointed because each one has their faults. They need something more universal to aspire to, so they can reach beyond their own "conditional love" and towards a more unconditional kind of love. Even though I believe love is earned, but if both partners can forgive each other's mistakes and think more of the other than themselves than that would create a positive prognosis for their relationship.
Dec 30, 2007 20:57
  • KEVIN0518
Quote: In what part of the world can you legally divorce six times in two years?

JCL, as far as I know, there is no time limit for divorce in China. As long as you have all the documents that are required and do what the law says, you can divorce her or him by agreement or by filing a suit if he or she doesn't afree to divorce. BTW, according to the Chinese marriage law, a husband may not apply for a divorce when his wife is pregnant or within one year after the birth of a child or within six months after pregnancy suspension. This restriction shall not apply in cases where the wife applies for a divorce, or when the people's court deems it necessary to accept the divorce application made by the husband.
Dec 31, 2007 06:38
  • CARLOS
Wow, donĀ“t worry, that is a splendid opportunity for some of You unmarried to marry with that woman! I suppose she has collected some fortune during her marriages, or divorces.

Just go for it, marry her, then divorce and have half of her fortune!

Carlos
Jan 1, 2008 16:47
  • JCNILE123
Wow, Kevin it is that so?

It is easier to divorce in China than anywhere else is.

As Carlos said it, I will search for the woman of our subject and send her there!
Therefore, she can accomplish her record faster.
I assume she most have some dough under the mattress.

Just teasing!
Jan 4, 2008 01:49
  • KEVIN0518
Yes, JCL. Perhaps that is why the divorce rate in China is increasing. Maybe China should introduce the policy of Australia, setting a limit time for divorce after getting married.
Jan 22, 2008 02:32
  • BBQQ
Marriage is a game. Some lose, some win. The key is that you must know how to play this game. Otherwise, you are sure to lose.
Jan 22, 2008 18:48
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Love how you think, BBQQ. ^_^
Jan 22, 2008 19:34
  • BBQQ
So, if you want to be kicked out, please learn the rules and directions carefully. But don't practice it many times. Otherwise, you will be unqualified to play this game. You know what I mean. Be ready for getting married!
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Is marriage a game?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code