Menu
What do you think of trial marriage?
Dec 24, 2007 01:16
  • LEONARDO
Have you ever heard of the concept " trial marriage"?
Here is a illustration about the concept of 'Trial Marriage":
Trial Marriage, deriving from the concepts "trial and error"- meaning to try if wrong and try again till it's right. Here lays not so much a question of morality but one struggle between the true happiness of people and order in society.

Frankly speaking, I was deeply shocked when I heard this new term for the first time. Can anything be tried? Love and marriage? After a second thought, I thought I might be back-minded. Nowadays, people are becoming more and more open-minded and have the freedom to love and to be loved without becoming a burden to the other. Trial marriage might offer an opportunity for people to find out if the marriage would really work and hence ensure successful marriages.

However, "trial marriage" has also been taken advantage of by those who lack the sense of marriage of responsibility. "One Night Stand" is a typical example of such cases. Some people have an affair with many persons of opposite sex under the name of "trial marriage". Trial marriage is really a very controversial issue. Does its disadvantage outweigh its advantage? Or the opposite? Friends, what do you think of this issue? What are attitude towards " trial marriage"?

Dec 24, 2007 02:43
  • GHOST
Statistics in the west show that people who have lived together (in effect, had a trial marriage) are more likely to divorce than people who do not live together before they get married.
Dec 24, 2007 08:44
  • JCNILE123
Same as the old unmarried or common couples; new name-calling
Dec 24, 2007 10:03
  • GRIZ326
LEONARDO, your subjects are always controversial. Are you a social engineer, a student of social engineering, or perhaps the victim of it?

Trial marriage was a popular subject of conversation when I was in my teens. It evolved into men and women "living together" and sometimes having children without the benefit of marriage. I have seen it work and I have seen it fail; just like regular marriage.

The infamous "one night stand" has nothing to do with trial marriage. There have always been women who would have sex with any man, but it is possible there are more such women today because of the birth control pill and feminist attitudes.
Dec 24, 2007 19:12
  • SHESGOTTOBE
One night stands are usually done by two consenting adults. Otherwise, it is called rape. You can’t really have a one night stand if you are alone. O_o

I am very strongly against having multiple partners. Being committed to one person is already too much for many people to handle. It will also carry with it the big risk of sex-related diseases.

There was a proposal before that marriages should have an expiration date, let’s say 5 years. After 5 years, couples should have an option to renew it or let it expire. LOL!
Dec 24, 2007 20:23
GUEST126 Some things can be tried before you make up your mind to do it, like you will try to start your own career.However, marriage can never be tried in my life. Marriage is holy and any try of it is a violation of marriage rules.
Dec 25, 2007 19:13
  • ICEBLUE
There's the negative connotation to trial marriage:for those who lack the sense of marriage, when they do the trial, they really simply sample the forbiden fruit under the name of marriage. For those whose mind is set on such minute things, real marriage would not be so much more moral both to him/her or his/her counterpart.
Dec 26, 2007 19:57
  • LEONARDO
Quote:
>>LEONARDO, your subjects are always controversial. Are you a social engineer, a student of social engineering, or perhaps the victim of it?<<

Griz326, I am not majoring in social engineering neither I am a victim of 'it". I still remember a saying from Erencius ( a member on this forum) that "many things in life are not white nor black, actually most are grey". For the same thing, different people interpret it very differently.
Dec 26, 2007 21:59
  • JCNILE123
(((There's the negative connotation to trial marriage: for those who lack the sense of marriage, when they do the trial, they really simply sample the forbidden fruit under the name of marriage. For those whose mind is set on such minute things, )))

Agree with you.
In addition, most ask, why are people getting married any way?
Not one is force to marry, I recommend to the ones that think that marriage is to be in trial, not to say "I do" at all, after all it is your word.
It takes a special kind of people to think one way or the other, and it is ok.
Dec 27, 2007 08:20
  • LIONPOWER
Trial marriage not a bad idea as our hole life is trial and error.

Trial ! why ?
If the reply is to hold the marriage more strongly, then its OK ?

Trial-- if any think wrong, cure it and go ahead..
Dec 28, 2007 04:00
GUEST122 The lady put it very well. Trial marriage is different from " One Night Stand". "One night stands are usually done by two consenting adults." Some guys are just too romantic. They want to enjoy personal pleasure.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What do you think of trial marriage?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code