Menu
How to be a successful father?
Jan 9, 2008 05:37
  • JCNILE123
He, he,

Jimmyb, you are in trouble, Alan is on his way to Shanghai.
Jan 9, 2008 08:01
He He
No Jimmy's OK, my daughter can be a bit cheeky but she sure wouldn't lie.
Alan
Jan 9, 2008 23:58
  • APAULT
So many good points. The only answer, I think, is that there is no exact answer! It depends on the culture of the country and the time and the nature of the kids.

Carlos, I have sympathy for you... 3 girls, strewth mate, how do u survive? !!
Jan 10, 2008 00:49
  • JIMMYB
Thanks for you generosity, Alan.

Quote: I think, is that there is no exact answer! It depends on the culture of the country and the time and the nature of the kids.

Paul, I totally agree with you. In China, parents all believe that beating their children can help them grow and know that they were wrong. But in foreign countries, parents seldom beat their children. I read a interesting report. A Chinese mom who lives abroad beat her child badly to let him remeber that he was wrong. However, his neighbour called the polices. Why? He thought that this Chinese mom abused her child. I just wonder if you foreign guys here were beaten by your parents.
Jan 22, 2008 02:15
  • BBQQ
Quote: "In China, parents all believe that beating their children can help them grow and know that they were wrong."

Sometimes, children should be beaten but not too severely. Maybe he or she hates you when you beat him or her. However, when he or she becomes an adult, he or she understands that actually you love him/her. To be honest, I was beaten when I was young. Today, parents spoil their children too much. Once I saw that an old man offered his seat to his little grand daughter and he just stood on the bus. It should have happended. They don't understand that their 'love' actually hurts the child in the future.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to be a successful father?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code