Menu
z-visa without university degree
May 1, 2008 01:20
GUEST66215 Hi all,

Very briefly I'm looking for info on the issue of the university degree requirement for the Z visa.

I have no undergraduate degree but I'm about to do the Cambridge DELTA (I already have CELTA) and then on to a MA TESOL.

Would and MA be sufficient to get a Z visa?

Many thanks in advance for any light you can shed on the matter.
May 1, 2008 01:26
GUESTNOAH Me again -

If anyone would care to email me on the subject I'd be very grateful.

nfishey (at) hotmail (dot) com

Thanks
Feb 4, 2009 08:07
  • MERIDIAN
I'm curious about this too. I completed 4 years of full time study, but it was at a "career college" (animation school). . so I don't have that damn piece of paper called "BA", only some diplomas.

I managed to get a Z visa anyways at my first company last year. . but they may have used "guanxi" or bribes . .. who knows. . now I've switched to another animation company and they tell me it may be difficult. . Said the gov is stricter because of the economy. They can try but if it is rejected they want me to pay 3000 RMB for an agent. (basically pay off some officials). I'm trying to save my money and don't make much (being paid in RMB). . . . what are my chances???
Feb 6, 2009 10:11
  • APAULT
Meridan. I don't think we can add more than you said yourself: your understanding is exactly the same as mine. If the new employer is persuasive (including having good gauan xi) you might get the visa, otherwise you need the agent who can be perssuasive.
Apr 24, 2009 01:44
GUESTAGENT99 "There are many foreigners working in China without a university degree. You only have to go to any language school to see American, British, and Australian idiots who don't know the difference between "there" and "their", and "beach" and "beech", to know that it is obvious they were not educated to university level. So there must be a way around the problem."

According to your sanctimonious declaration, non-university educated people can't discern such differences (as your majesty as so adroitly pointed out). Do you feel special now? I didn't even finish high school, but I'd wager that you're the bigger idiot between us.

Have a nice day, super trooper.
May 5, 2009 18:39
  • JAYMEII
I've completed 2 of my 3 years at university and will take my gap year this coming academic year (beginning Sep. '09).
I travelled around China a good bit last summer and fancy spending the year there. I'm in the UK just now and through my university found a company here that are pretty keen on hiring me and sending me to China on a volunteer basis. They provide food and shelter and I teach English 22 hours a week. They give me money for my transport to and from the school and at the end of 10 months they take me around China for two months on a sightseeing tour. I found this through my university I remind you so it's pretty much like a gap year, but it's a good foot in the door and it gives me a bit of experience that could help with visa application in future. Has anyone done/heard of anything like this before?

In answer to your question, I don't think it is possible to get a working visa in China without a degree. Sources in China tell me it's more than possible to work in China without a degree though. It's pretty much your luck I believe, so good luck!
May 5, 2009 22:56
  • APAULT
It IS possible to get a work visa without a degree though that is the core requirement. Maybe I should say 'WAS possible' because there has been some tightening of rules recently so maybe it has become more difficult.

I would be wary of the 'offer' you have. 22 hours is quite a high workload and is presumably a language centre. Most are notorious for their bad paying habits (and other contractual obligations). I would say there is a very low probability of the organisation meeting its obligtion to provide 2 month's travel. Regardless of your lack of degree you are worth at least 5000rmb a month, plus accommodation. I would recommend just coming to China and finding your own work (short term work without a visa is not too much of an issue). Of course, if you can find people who have experience of this organisation and can vouch for it, I withdraw my comments.

To those people who have a Diploma rather than a BA, they should try getting an offcial statement from the college that is a 'modern BA' and equivalent in every repect.
Aug 3, 2009 06:39
  • TURQUANZ
Hi Apault, Is me again, For this i want to know, i m Owner my company in china . RO office. I will appyl Z visa i want to know from me also need Bachelour degree or? As i m boss my headquarter company and RO office manager. many thanks for reply

Dec 25, 2009 17:07
GUEST04190 I want to work in china, always wanted to live there plus have many friends there atleast 3 are beautiful and hope once move there I'll have a chance with one of them for a long relationship.
Thing is only jobs I can find that dont require a degree is teaching english,I'm a idiot and always take my work very serious even if just a warehouse job.i really dont want to teach,worry I may cause more harm for the children than good...plus i seem to have a accent that I'm not aware of.Everyone asks me what country I'm from coz no one else in north crolina speaks like I do,everyone in my entire family speak different than myself all speak normal. I dont know if the translator would understand my words and dont know if i can be infront of a crowd of children without panic.any ideas for getting a job in china without a degree? I'm open to suggestions. I currently work 2 fulltime jobs,8 hours at the Hammock source packaging hammocks,and 10hours at DSM inspecting vials of the N1H1 Virus Vaccine. I plan to travel to china by december 2010,hope to have the chance of making it a one way trip.
You can always reach me at yahoo.com|dragonext2001 if you have any advice. Thanx
Dec 25, 2009 21:48
  • POPOGUY

Discuss but No result, there are different ways to achieve that as long as you have strong Guanxi.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: z-visa without university degree
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code