Menu
Shanghai-Jiangsu-Shanghai
Oct 22, 2009 21:23
  • HERBEAT
Hi... you are welcome. I'm sorry I don't get YM or AIM. I usually use Skype and QQ... But one thing I want to say first is that I suggest you print some paper with the Chinese names of things like Chengxi shipyard. I'm afraid there are few taxi drivers could speak English in China. So... I think it's a better way. In fact, when I have guests who come to China for the first time, I always give them the paper with the destinations written in China so that if they get lost, they will be able to find me easily. The bus station is near to the train station. But your arrival time makes it very complicated. There's no bus from PVG to the station then... I guess a good way to sovle this problem will be the taxi. After your arrival, take a taxi, show 江阴市澄西船舶修造厂(Chengxi Shipyard in Jiangyin)to the driver and ask him to take you there. It will be a little expensive but at least, you won't get lost with a taxi. It will cost around 200 RMB. If it's at midnight, I guess it will be more expensive. If there's no taxi driver want to go there at midnight, I think you can always stay in a cafe in the airport till the next morning and go. The reason I don't suggest the bus is that I could tell your worries and... If you take the bus, it will be cheaper for sure. But you have to wait until there's bus which takes you to the bus station. Again, the destinations on the buses are in Chinese. When the bus arrives at jiangyin, it's not in front of the gate of the shipyard or the hotel. It stops at the bus station in Jiangyin. Too complicated for you. I'm sorry for that but it's the truth. If you still think to take a taxi is too complicated or don't want to do that, feel free to tell me and I'll give you some suggestion again. You can send mail to me: 126.com|shemmous
Oct 22, 2009 21:32
  • HERBEAT
It's about 180km from Shanghai to Jiangyin and if you take a bus, it will take 2.5h. If you take a taxi, it will be quicker. I don't suggest this but IF you still want to take a bus, take No. 7 bus from the airport till the end. Then find a Chinese and show them a paper or something about the bus to Jiangyin (去江阴的大巴). I bet they will help and show you how to get there. If you are lucky, you might be able to find someone who could speak English. When you arrive at Jiangyin, take a taxi will be ok (show the driver the Chinese destination of course) because the buses will stop at different stations in Jiangyin and I've no idea how to tell you the route. That will be cheaper than taking a taxi from PVG to the shipyard but I DON"T recommend it at all...
Oct 23, 2009 03:19
GUEST27947 thank you so much ms. herbeat... you've really helped me a lot... i have added you on my contact list in skype... i hope we could chat sometimes, i have learned so much from you and i really appreciate the help you are extending to me... you're an angel from heaven.. thanks to you...i bet i'll be staying in the cafe at the airport and wait until there's a bus going to Jiangyin City. I'll take the bus no. 7 and show them the Jiangyin in Chinese letters for them to take me there and take a taxi from there to take me to the shipyard, i bet that would be okay and a lot cheaper than taking a taxi directly from PVG to chengxi. ms herbeat, can i get your number anyway? so if there would be a problem when I arrive in China sometime in last week of November I can keep in touch with you? if its okay with you... thank you sooooo much again... anyway about the hotels, i couldn't find the Nanfang neither the Hongshenyuan in the web, do you have other hotels recommended that is very near in the shipyard? thanks so much again dear...
Oct 23, 2009 22:38
  • HERBEAT
Hi, it's very nice of you to say so. I'm not that good at all. Just try to help as much as I can. I cheched my skype but I didn't find you... Could you send a mail to let me know yours so that I would be able to give you my phone number? I don't think to show it here is ok. Sorry for that.
You'd better show the "Jiangyin" paper to people after you get off at the last stop of bus no.7. And the hotels... Sorry for the information of the hotels... I forgot to use the English names....
Home Inns: It's a hotel not far from Chengxi shipyard and you could find the English website for it. This is not a luxurious hotel but you could get a good prize with an ok living condition.
If you want a better hotel, Jiangyin International Hotel will be ok. It's a four star one. I guess it would be ok for you. Not as near as the Home Inns but ok.
Hope this will help. And once again I'm sorry for the number problem. I'll give it to you if I could find you on skype or email...
By the way, did you get my skype? It's herbeat... Hope it will work^-^
Oct 24, 2009 04:33
  • HERBEAT
Some ads again?
Last edited by HERBEAT: Oct 24, 2009 04:34
Oct 24, 2009 05:49
  • ELLYSE
Yes, wait till the next day and take a bus to Jiangyin instead. When you arrive, the normal airport shuttles won't be running anymore. Take a taxi to Shanghai South long-distance bus station and take a bus from there to Jiangyin the next morning, earliest departures are at 0640, 0710, 0750, 0840, 0910 etc.
Oct 24, 2009 20:21
  • HERBEAT
Hi ellyse, I'm sorry but I think the earliest no. 7 shuttle leaves at 7:50a.m. from the first terminal and 7:55 a.m. from no.2 terminal... So 6:40 is impossible for our guests.
Dec 17, 2009 13:20
  • ELLYSE
I did NOT advise taking airport shuttle no.7 to Shanghai South long-distance bus station, I suggested taxi! Good grief, do read properly!
Feb 25, 2010 20:44
GUEST60532 Hello. I am traveling from Jiangsu to Shanghai. Please kindly advice me how to get to Shanghai from Jiangsu. Thank you.
Feb 28, 2010 15:18
  • ELLYSE
Where in Jiangsu will you be starting from?
Page 3 of 11    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Shanghai-Jiangsu-Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code