Menu
obtaining a police clearance letter in guangzhou
Nov 14, 2008 20:37
  • PRESADEMAR
easy as long you are registered to local government. Ask them the clearance(you need to have a chinese guy to help you with translation) . After they issue you a clearance, all in chinese, get it and then go to government notary offices for english translation. They will authenticate it. After that, you're finished! I got one now.
Nov 16, 2008 22:17
  • APAULT
I assume that he needs the clearance for a job application in Canada or something like that, right.

I think he can only go to the Police office that he has registered with for residency. If they are co-operative then just having an interpretor should suffice. If they are reluctant you will need 'to pull strings'. This would be hard on his own I think. he needs to find someone who can dine and pay a 'handling fee' to the right officers. As you say he has no suitable friends, he might try a visa agent or a lawyer. Of course he will have to pay fees along the way.
Nov 25, 2008 10:43
GUESTFINE Im from the Philippines Canadaina embassy also me for Xian Police certificate where I work 1987. Chinese Embassy Manila Ask me to obtain it with the help of any of my friendsa or relatives if i have one in Xian in my behalf. the problem is that 21 yrs ago and I dont know anybody at present in Xian. Do i need to go to Xian just to get this Certificate? please help.... yahoo.com|jbgonzaga010
Dec 4, 2008 00:18
GUEST21691 My husband needs a police certificate too. He had a Z type visa but I don't think he ever registered his residency with the local police,

Now he is in Hong Kong. How can he get this cert.? He also lost contact with people in China and the school he worked for has closed down

Thanks.
Dec 5, 2008 09:06
GUEST52172 Hi,this was based from my experience.I;m from the Philippines and I worked for 2 years in China.Now, that I have my immigrant visa, I just thought I want to share it.
1. I went back to China personally in Dongguan, Guangdong to obtain this cert. It was really really very hard.You will spend money for the airfare,food and room for 1-2 weeks stay.You must hire a translator and you need to pray as you will loose hope...
2.First,I went to my former employer to get COE(cert. of employment written in Chinese)
3.Along with my translator/Chinese friend, we went to the Police station area from where I reside.Then submit the COE then they will seal it and write letter on it.
4.Then I went to a Notary Public Bureau in a nearby town or city who covers my residential area(tips: always ask).Then I paid and gave the requirements(Passport,COE,etch).Pls ask for English translation for the cert.You need to go back for a week or as advised to formally receive it.

Cheers, don't loose hope!

Dec 7, 2008 04:19
  • APAULT
That last story doesn't sound too bad! It would be similar in any country except that you need the translations.

Guest 21961: If your husband hd a Z visa then the employer would have had to get him a residency permit and he would have been registered with the police. The permit will be in the passport and loooks just like a visa except for one small line near the top! It is more difficult if the ex-employer no longer exists and he has no contacts. I think he needs to find someone to act as an agent for him. Maybe he can find someone through the internet, such as a visa agent, like the ones who advertise in TCG, either formal adverts or in the ads forum. Otherwise, I think he will need to find a lawyer to act on his behalf. As he is in HK, he can conside visiting the city he lived in and try to do it himself with the help of a translator, but overall he'll probably need someone with connections. One way or another, he will have to pay for the connections.

Maybe if you tell us here which city, someone can help or advise more specifically.
Dec 21, 2008 07:33
GUESTREGINA I was teaching there in china 3 years ago, my problem is that to get my spouse visa i need to get a police clearance. there in china. I have friends there in china is it okay that my friend will process there with my documents when i was working in china. Thanks a lot
Jan 20, 2009 00:51
GUEST24134 I read your post. Thank you for the info. I am now in similar situation. I have a pending fiancee application,and US embassy in Manila is requiring me to submit police clearance from china since I was there in 2007 for less than a year. I can't find any help from the Chinese embassy in Manila, and was told that the only way to get it is to travel back to China and get it personally..Is there no other way????:(
Jan 20, 2009 01:24
GUEST24134 I need to get police clearance from china for my visa application for US. I am running out of options here since US embassy in Manila told me submit this doc from china. Pls refer a good visa agent who can help me get this doc. I lived in Weihai Shandong province in 2007. i have no friends who can help me on this. Filipinos living in WEihai and who has knowledge of the procedure, pls ..i appreciate all the help I can get..
Jan 23, 2009 05:05
GUEST49154 Filipinos in Weihai with Chinese friend/s who can help me get my police clearance. I need any assistance I can get on this. I was registered and issued a temporary residence permit by the PSB in Weihai. Pls..I'm willing the pay the local for his or her trouble..pls..I hope someone can help me..yahoo.com|bluebelle0405..
Page 2 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: obtaining a police clearance letter in guangzhou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code