Menu
Be careful with ' I love you'
Feb 14, 2008 19:23
  • JIMMYB
"I think I told my wife " I love you " on average about every 5 minutes, and she responded with the same."

Every 5 minutes? How many times do you say "I love you" per day? 12 multiply 24 equals 288. 288 times???

Alan, you two love each other so deeply.
Feb 15, 2008 00:22
Hi Jimmy.
Yes, it's probably deeper than that, I tell there is not enough time in the day for me to tell her just how much I love her, Jing feels the same way, happy days.
Alan
Feb 15, 2008 20:35
  • JIMMYB
Alan, how happy you are! I envy you. Wish you two happy forever.
Feb 23, 2008 00:05
  • LIZXLI
interesting...

"I love you?"when someone says it online,I certainly will not consider or believe that it is true.But when a real person stands before me,I think I could distinguish if the person is telling the truth or not.
Feb 23, 2008 09:42
  • JCNILE123
Internet "I love you is not a very valuable word"

I am with you Lizxli.

I think that in love relationship, the most valuable “I love you”, is the one that is follow by a loving, caring, endeavor of love itself.

One that can be seeing and touch it self by the touch and sight of the loved person, and not the words of the one that put into words.

It is more reliable if she said, “he loves me” than if I said “I love her”.
Feb 28, 2008 02:48
  • ZOEY
It is more reliable if she said, “he loves me” than if I said “I love her”.

JC, what is the difference? How can you distinguish "He loves me" if you were the girl? I love her because I understand how I feel toward her. In this way, I think "I love her is more reliable than "He loves me".
Feb 29, 2008 01:32
  • CHERYL
I always believe that facts speak louder than words, so I care more about what my boyfriend does thant what he says. He hasn't said 'I love you' to me yet, but I can feel that he loves me actually from what he has done for me.
Feb 29, 2008 11:20
  • JCNILE123
To Zoey's question,
(JC, what is the difference?)

I let Cheryl's reply be my answer; I do not think I can answer any better.

I center my self on love reliability, rather than the words "I love you".

“I love you” are empty words if the words are not wrapped up with acts of love.
Mar 1, 2008 17:17
  • TIGERPAUL
Earlier in this thread I said that I have not yet told my gf that I love her, but i said that it excited me to think of the time when i would tell her, and that I wanted to keep it back in reserve.

Since then, I have been back to Taiwan, and I didnt want to say it, even though I felt it so much and I could feel it from her too. But during the time I was there I was feeling like a kettle coming to the boil, and I nearly burst out and said it so many times. A few days before I was due to come home was Valentines day, and I couldnt help it...... it just slipped out!

It was an emotionally charged holiday. I am just waiting until the end of March now, for her to come to England.

Now though I have said it, and I am careful not to say it again and again and again..... because they are like magic words, powerful but only when used sparingly. Say them too much and the magic will be gone.
Mar 1, 2008 20:14
  • ZOEY
Thanks for your answer, JC. I know that facts speak louder than words but women need to be flattered sometimes. You should say 'I love you' to your girlfriend.
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Be careful with ' I love you'
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code