Menu
Do you like ice cream?
Mar 17, 2008 23:13
  • BBQQ
Do you like icecream? Which brand is your favourite? Personally, I don't care if it is a famous brand or not as long as it tastes good. These famous brands are very expensive. Take Haagen Dazs for example, it costs your at least one hundread yuan. However, these ordinaries are cheaper. They cost you a few yuan. Why is there a huge difference between the prices? Will you pay a few hundred yuan to have ice cream?

Mar 18, 2008 03:20
  • GARYKINKADE
Advertising to promote the product and create a sense that particular ice cream product taste better or is more prestigious to consume. It's a mind game,and a person is actually paying for the advertising when the product is priced higher. Most generic (store brands) cost about 26 yuan (on average) for a 1/2 gal. (1.89 liter) container. I don't know what the cost of Haagen Dazs is here because I don't buy it, but it's probably 2x the cost of a store brand. Making a malt(combination of ice cream, milk, fruit, vanilla extract and malt mixed together) is my favorite ice cream treat, I doubt if such a thing is common there.
Mar 18, 2008 06:14
I love Ice-Cream, mint flavour is my favourite with chocolate, mmmm lovely.
Alan
Mar 18, 2008 21:29
  • ICEBERG
I am not crazy about ice cream. For me, the ordinary ones are ok. But some girls really love ice cream. It is said that you will put on weight if you eat too much ice cream. So, girls should be carefull. BTW, these lovers usually have the expensive ice cream together. In their words, they just enjoy their love by having Haagen Dazs together. Some people even have ice cream in winter. I wonder if they feel chilly when eating ice cream. Once my friend invited me to have ice cream in winter. When having ice cream, I was trembling.
Mar 20, 2008 21:24
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I love ice cream but not to the point of indulging on it. I get Haagen Dazs or Dreyer’s Rocky Road flavor from Walmart once in a while. I also love chocolate-covered vanilla topped with peanuts Nestle drumsticks. Every summer, I make it a point to get some Vanilla Choco Dipped at Dairy Queen at least once. ^_^

Haagen Dazs Ice Cream Bars

Mar 20, 2008 21:25
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Dreyer's Rocky Road

Mar 20, 2008 21:27
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Dairy Queen Dipped! ^_^

Mar 20, 2008 21:42
  • GARYKINKADE
Any Dairy Queens in China?
Mar 20, 2008 22:03
  • MARRIE
15 yrs ago around.
Mar 20, 2008 22:26
  • BBQQ
Marrie is right, Gary.

"Dairy Queen®'s doors opened in China in 1992! Currently there are over 40 stores located in Beijing and the Northeast of China and we are still growing with new franchisees throughout the country." In 2005, it entered in Shanghai.

Mar 20, 2008 22:40
  • GARYKINKADE
Goodie...........If I ordered a "banana split" from a DQ in Beijing how long would it take to get here if shipped by Federal Express? (Don't answer that ,I'm just being "goofy" , or "gum ball")
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you like ice cream?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code