Menu
Do you believe there is pure and sincere friendship between men and women?
Jun 24, 2012 22:04
  • WANHU
Probably like a birth certificate, but it is issued after giving birth (in Malaysia). Formerly any birth should e reported to the nearest police station unless the baby is delivered in the government hospital. Now, only need to register any birth to the National Registration Department.
Wan
Jun 28, 2012 04:32
Wan,

We also have birth certificate. It is provided by the hospital. It is as important as the birth permission.
Jul 3, 2012 18:51
  • WANHU
How about people giving birth in the rural area in their homes and not in the hospital?
Wan
Jul 3, 2012 21:06
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

How about people giving birth in the rural area in their homes and not in the hospital?
Wan

Wan, I am also from the countryside. But I was lucky that my mom gave birth at a hospital though it was a bit far from my home. My mom told me that there weren't enough rooms at the hospital and she gave birth on a bed in the corridor.

Honestly, I do not know how to answer your question because I have no idea about it. After searching on the internet, I found some people who were from the deep mountain areas had trouble to register Hukou for their children. Their kids were born at home instead of at the hospital. Thus, they didn't have birth certificates. But a policy said that they could have a DNA test or notarize at the county-level notary office. Then they could register Hukou for their kids.
Jul 4, 2012 13:32
  • WANHU
Census in 2004 reported that Salar ethnic in Xinjiang was only 3,762 and according to some researches done by others said the number maybe higher. So I was thinking probably they didn't register their births.
Wan
Jul 4, 2012 21:23
Wan,

In the past, poor people have many kids. The poorer they were, the more kids they had. There is a very famous slogan in northwest China. "要想富,少生孩子多种树." It means "If you want to be rich, do not give birth to many kids but plant more trees."

You may not know that the environment in the northwest China was worse before. Planting trees is to fight against the sandstorm. Only is the environment improved, people have fields to plant crops and then make money.

Nowadays, people in the countryside have changed their ideas. Most families just have one child.
Mar 18, 2014 00:30
GUEST38633 I can see that it could be as you say, however it is definitely possible that both are reveling in their relationship and how wonderful pure friendship is.
Mar 27, 2014 22:44
  • GRIZ326
The things that tied women and men together a century ago are not much of a concern in modern societies. Men & women teamed together to survive; now men & women marry because they think that they are in love; think that they want a family; or just want to have a socially acceptable relationship (and there's precious little concern about that today).

It is a sad tale.
May 14, 2014 10:36
  • BINZHANG
Nice Comment. I'm just in this dilemma that I fall in love with a friend but she doesn't love me.
Page 6 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you believe there is pure and sincere friendship between men and women?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code