Menu
Five things that men don't like to do at home
Apr 4, 2008 22:58
  • JIMMYB
If you ask a man who has got married "what do you hate to do at home?", most of them will answer "housework". However, what kind of housework do they hate to do? Here are five things that men don't like to do (I got it from the news on a newpaper).

No.1 Wash dishes and bowls. Most men take this as a kind of torture. They would rather buy vegetables and cook dishes than wash dishes and bowls after meal. For them, washing dishes and bowls is a kind of humiliation.

No.2 Go shopping with his wife. I once started a thread on this issue and it reveals that most men don't like shopping with their wife or GF.

No.3 Make love to his wife. After marriage, they are gradually getting bored with their wives. Some men even joke that they just take it as "homework" that they should have to do no matter they like or not. No wonder they find mistresses outside.

No.4 Clean the bedroom. Men never think that his bedroom is in a mess. The house is the same as the hotel if it is too clean. They DON'T want their house to be the hotel.

No.5 Wash clothes. Two reasons attribute to this. First: they think that it is women's duty to wash clothes. Second, washing clothes has become a kind of technical work at present. They have no idea that whether the clothes only can be washed by hands or by washing machine, whether they should be washed together with other clothes or not and whether they should be washed in hot water or cold water.

My gentles, do you agree? Are there any other things that men also don't want to do?
Apr 6, 2008 20:14
  • BBQQ
Male chauvinist! Men have to learn to share the housework with their wives. If they are scared by the housework, why do they get married? Just stay in the hotel and you needn't do anything.
Apr 6, 2008 21:24
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Oh boy, I’d rather not say anything. I’ll just stay away from those kinds of men. All men in my family do housework. My father and brothers believe that what I and our mother can do, they can do better and that they will not be helpless if we are not around. :P
Apr 6, 2008 21:48
  • GARYKINKADE
#1 It's O.K.....Dishwasher helps
#2 We go shopping together, but I always wonder over to the tool section. This really agitates her. do-de-do-do.
#3 No commitment er' I mean no comment.
#4 Both of us keep a rather sloppy bedroom,too many boxes of excess stuff.
#5 We have a difference of opinion on washing clothes, I separate by color and she separates by weight.
Apr 6, 2008 22:10
  • JIMMYB
BBQQ, I am not a male chauvinist. For me, I want to live in a clean and comfortable house. Thus, I'd like to keep it clean and clean it more often. As a man, you should be considerate of your wife. You see, she has to prepare meals, clean house and take care of the child (if you have) etc. Just help her do some housework. BTW, did you read the post in News Flash? It is said that having a husband creates an extra seven hours of housework each week for women. Thus, don't be a lazy man!

#1 It's O.K.....Dishwasher helps
#2 We go shopping together, but I always wonder over to the tool section. This really agitates her. do-de-do-do.
#3 No commitment er' I mean no comment.
#4 Both of us keep a rather sloppy bedroom,too many boxes of excess stuff.
#5 We have a difference of opinion on washing clothes, I separate by color and she separates by weight.

No.1 Dishwasher helps but it is too expensive and some couples can't afford it. On the other hand, it can't wash dishes as clean as you can:-)

No.2 This is really a hard task and you should finish it no matter you like or not.

No.3 Better observe moral rules. Don't find mistress outside.

No.4 Living in a clean and neaty bedroom is a delightful thing. Don't make it like a hotel, hehe

No.5 Quite interesting, Gary. Sometimes, you have to separate by both, colour and weight.

Apr 7, 2008 08:53
  • GARYKINKADE
P.S. .......If my wife ever reads this post, you all may never hear from me again.
Apr 7, 2008 09:45
I'm easy with all of these, no 3 is my favourite, he he
I hate ironing though
Alan
Apr 7, 2008 09:49
  • JCNILE123
Jimmy, is this a scientific survey? If so, from where?

If this survey if scientific and I doubt it, then I think these issues have to do and cut across the cultural lines,

American Man is given to share the home making with his wife.

About #3, unless he does not love his wife I do not think many man in America are ready to make such a cruel statement about his wife.

I agree with BBQQ (Male chauvinist!)

If this is how Chinese a male see home, then I can understand why Chinese woman are so loving and caring to their (Laowai) spouse.
Apr 7, 2008 20:31
  • JIMMYB
"P.S. .......If my wife ever reads this post, you all may never hear from me again."

Gary, just don't let her know you visit this forum and then you will be safe :-) It sounds that you are afraid of you wife. I am wondering if you are a henpecked husband (妻管严)?

JC, it is not a scientific survey. But it reflects the truth. Many Chinese men don't like to do the housework. No wonder their wives say that men have changed too much after marriage. When courting her, he does everything that he can do, buying her breakfast, washing dishes and bowls etc. After marriage, everything has changed. Women not only take care of her husband and child but also do housework. What do men do? after meals, they just sit down to watch TV or read newspaper.

"If this is how Chinese a male see home, then I can understand why Chinese woman are so loving and caring to their (Laowai) spouse."

JC, did you ask your wife why she got married with you?
Apr 7, 2008 21:02
  • TOMSPENCER
I love cleaning the house! In fact, I find all 5 things on the list to be thoroughly enjoyable. It's my wife who hates cleaning. I can't stand living in a dirty place. I don't use an Ayi any more because despite showing a succession of them exactly how I want things cleaned, not one of them ever managed to clean things to the standards that I expect.

There's nothing more satisfying than a pristine home. I forgive my wife for the mess that she makes, because I know how much fun I will have cleaning up after her. At least I don't have to clean up after kids. I don't think there are enough hours in my day to do that.
Apr 7, 2008 23:11
  • GARYKINKADE
Henpecked? .......no, not as bad as it appears.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Five things that men don't like to do at home
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code