Menu
Travel suggestion around Qingdao??
Apr 7, 2008 21:15
  • JACKSPARROW
Hello everybody!

I m a student in Qingdao, currently I complete my internship here. I will stay until the 22nd of July. In the weekly i m busy, but on weekend i want to travel near Qingdao. Does somebody has experience or suggetions where i could go?
Apr 7, 2008 21:45
  • LEONARDO
Hi Jacksparrow,

Have you been to Qingdao Seashore Scenic Area? I recommend this scenic spot.
The scenic area features the azure sky, clean coastal sidewalk, fresh air and unique architecture. It is beautiful and located in the South of Qingdao. The May 4th Square (五四广场)is a landmark of Qingdao. At the square erects the landmark building The Wind of May(五月的风), symolizing the vigorous development of Qingdao. The Olympic Sailing Center is near the May 4th Square. You can have a look!

Enjoy your stay in China!

Qingdao Seashore Scenic Area

Apr 7, 2008 21:48
  • LEONARDO
The landmark: The May 4th Square & The Wind of May

Apr 7, 2008 22:13
  • JACKSPARROW
Hi Leonardo!

Thanks for ur answer, but I saw all (most) scenic spot in Qingdao. I stayed last year for 5 month in Qingdao. I m surching for some other interesting places near Qingdao... Perhaps near cities, any idea s where i can travel on the weekends? With train or bus?! Thanks...
Apr 8, 2008 03:53
  • JABAROOTOO
There are loads of them. And not too far
Weifeng
Yantai and Penglai
Weihai and Changshantou

Read the reviews posted here and do a google

Taishan and Qufu and I'm sure if you ask around you'll find more places that a even closer to Qingdao
Apr 8, 2008 09:59
  • MUDDIEDKNEES
The XiaoQingdao (Small Qingdao) Island also offers a great view of the city. But I suggest you spend most of your time enjoying the Seashore Scenic area, walking along it. You'll be surprised that you've spend a day enjoying the beach. Also, you can take a few minor detours to see the "Catholic Church" (I was born and raised Catholic, so I find this generic name really weird) and Wu Si (May 4) Square. And, yeah, don't miss the couples having pre-wedding pictures taken at Beach No. 2 and Badaguan. Check out the pics below. Enjoy!!!

Apr 8, 2008 10:04
  • MUDDIEDKNEES
More pics

Apr 8, 2008 23:57
  • ELLYSE
Beijing
Qufu
Taishan
Weihai
Yantai
Weifang
Jinan
Zibo
Apr 9, 2008 00:29
  • MUDDIEDKNEES
Funny... I think only Ellyse got the question right. JackSparrow wanted to know where he could travel 'around' Qingdao, not in it. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys the pictures. =)
Apr 9, 2008 03:32
  • ELLYSE
Heh. I guess that's a compliment, thanks.
Apr 9, 2008 19:39
  • JACKSPARROW
Hi,
thanks for the answers! Last Year I already visited Beijing and Qufu.
I heard in Weifang is a kind of "Kite-Festival", i only found the information that it take place in april, does somebody exactly know in which period it will take place? What's about the other cities? A friend in Qingdao told me Jinan is a little bit dirty?! Somebody travel before to one of these cities: Taishan, Weihai, Yantai, Jinan, Zibo?

Best regards "CAAAPTAIN" jack sparrow
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Travel suggestion around Qingdao??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code