Menu
Why do overseas Chinese men seldom marry western women?
Jan 22, 2009 20:50
GUEST18186 >>As for the degree of respect for women, Chinese men got 3.6 points, while western men got 6.0 points <<

Do you why, Travelling? As a results of debates and realities among my chinese friends who both used to work in china big city and now work in the west, the reason for that is Chinese women have higher social status than their western counterparts do. From social responsibility and family responsibility point of wiew, the line is more blurred between genders in some regions in China than in the west.
Jan 24, 2009 03:16
GUEST8209 Western women have a prejudiced opinion on Chinese men because they have the opportunity to encounter Chinese men. In their narrow sight, Chinese men's image is the "Sick Man of East Asia". Chinese men remain portrayed as the Guys wearing wigs in the Qing Dynasty. I am sure if western women get more informed about Chinese guys, they will become fond of Chinese guys. They are not inferior to your western guys. Chinese guys are more caring and kind to their wives. Western guys are having a very negative view on their homemade women. They blamed their women and came to China. Most of Chinese guys are indeed gentle and treat their wives with respect.
Jan 29, 2009 17:45
GUEST19130 I was married to a Chinese man and he was a LIAR!!! He just wanted his green card and once he got it, his true nature was revealed.

Everytime he went out with his girlfriend, he claimed it was Chinese culture and that I need to obey him.

I tried for three years to make it work, but after his tiraid about me leaving a piece of paper on the table, I knew this guy was sick!

I don't think all Chinese men are this way, but I saw a lot of spouse abuse in China while living there AND NOBODY DID ANYTHING!!! I was told, "women learn to endure".
Feb 5, 2009 14:38
GUESTWILLIAM Western women in general do not find Asian men attractive. Here are a few reasons:

1. Asian men are not romantic enough.
2. Asian men are not well-groomed.
3. Asian men in general tend to have smaller bodies.
4. Asian men do not have the courage to ask a western woman for a date.
5. Asian men, especially Chinese from the countryside, look disgusting.
Feb 7, 2009 09:18
  • FANWEI
I'm seeing an English girl now,and I'm totally attracted by her eyes and smiles, maybe everything of her.We are doing a language exchange program in Beijing now,and I'm preparing to learn abroad.
Phisically,she's 5'9 at least with a almost perfect bodyshape(I don't know if it is a correct word to describe the chinese word “身材”,囧),brown hair and eyes...so beautiful...-_-
OK,maybe what I should do now is to find a decent job,after all,real life need a solid economical foundation.
Anyone who has much better advice ?
PS:I'm about 6'1,from northeast of China,and I think that I'm tall enough to be her BF......LOL......
Last edited by FANWEI: Feb 7, 2009 09:20
Feb 18, 2009 13:44
Quote:

Originally Posted by GRIZ326 View Post

It's all very simple......

Chinese men are smarter than Western men. *hehehehe* ROFLOL No offense intended to the Western women.

Seriously, the American women I've discussed this with do not seem to be attracted to Asian men. I've never men a Western man who did not find Asian women wonderfully attractive. Perhaps that ...

Uh, hello, sure seems that the Chinese got most of thier industry copying American designs, I think that they are harder working, but smarter? haha. i think that it mostly has to do with height, I know that I am 5 foot 7 inches, so I am comparitivly short here in the states, and I don't like to date women taller than me, and most women like to date men taller than themselves. Also, there are many culturaul issues, and the fact that many Chinese and Western women don't come into contact, especially not in situations conducive to dating.
Feb 19, 2009 23:23
  • JOSHIRV57
What makes you believe that Chinese women do marry American Men?? State where you get your facts from,and show proof of what you are submitting.
Feb 22, 2009 21:46
GUESTAW Hey I'm an American woman dating a Chinese guy. Not only is he tall, but he's sweet, cute, cuddly, and very thoughtful. Some white girls don't like Chinese guys because they arent that outgoing about dating. They don't generally walk up to white girls and be direct and just ask them out or joke with them.
Mar 12, 2009 15:28
GUEST54205 Miss are you a professor?
Mar 12, 2009 15:36
  • PKPKPK
please reply to this email yahoo.com|Worldx84
Page 12 of 26    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why do overseas Chinese men seldom marry western women?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code