Menu
Why do overseas Chinese men seldom marry western women?
Dec 20, 2010 03:23
  • LEONARDO
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST30145

If you read history carefully, the migrating Chinese had been marrying whites, browns and black years, decades and centuries ago. Leonardo, please take note that a swallow doesn't make a summer.

GUEST30145, obviously you didn't fully catch it. I have read the history carefully. Indeed, I used to get high marks in history. ^_^. I am fully aware of the fact that the interracial marriage between Chinese and other nationals can be dated back to hundreds of years ago. Yea, you know there are always two facets for an issue: " Special/individual case" and "General scenario". We should talk about such a general issue from a perspective of generality. It's completely right that a swallow doesn't make a summer,but a flocks of swallow may make a summer.
May 7, 2011 18:57
GUEST80177 Its each to their own, it's all about what an individual likes. And I know many Western women that have slight body frames and I know many Asian women with larger body frames, it shouldn't even be about how large or small you are, true love is about personality, kindness, understanding and it all depends on each persons individual opinion. I am a NZ woman and personally don't find many Asian men attractive but that doesn't mean I couldn't fall in love with one or be turned on by an Asian man. And that comment about not finding one Western man that isn't attracted to Asian women is also bullshit, I know many men that don't find Asian women attractive, or finds it difficult to find one attractive. One of whom is my Father. Some people are attracted to dark hair, others fair, some large, some slight, some tall, some short. You cannot just simply say that every Asian man doesn't like Western women, and yes, I know of a Chinese man that will not date Chinese women! Or any Asian girl at that! To take the words right out his mouth: he finds them very unattractive. I'm sick of people having this obsession with inter-racial matters. Each to their own. You simply cannot put a label on a whole race or society and say that everyone in that society is exactly the same. How small-minded can you get? Some people make me sick. I am a 19 yr old girl and I seem to be a little more in the know than 99% of the population, oh what a joyous life I am going to lead with such plebs surrounding me constantly.
Jul 9, 2011 11:40
GUEST33102 oh well, whatever we all are different so live a=it and get over it.
Aug 21, 2011 04:45
GUEST79217
Quote:

Originally Posted by SHESGOTTOBE View Post

Some of the most conservative people I've ever known are Americans.

Believe it or not, the most submissive woman I know, meaning she serves her husband in such a way that the husband do not have to get up from his chair and she does everything he says is an American woman. When her husband didn't allow her to visit her own ...

I have never hear such a load of crap before. And no, I am not american myself.
Sep 6, 2011 07:25
  • SOPHIAW
Thier mind,definately it`s because their mind.Some mature men need women who share the same background n culture.Marriage is an important thing.if u want to live with someone for a long time. u certainly will make a serious decision.Foreiners date with those local ppl out of "wonder",but those who want to share a long term relationship out of "concern".
If u don`t know ur partner`s culture well.u`d better leave her/him alone.
This is not sth only about chinese men ,but what kind of marriage the ones living overseas need most.
Oct 13, 2011 20:39
GUEST31132 my name is orna,54 years old israeli female,single.
i have master degree in pure mathematics and also a chinese medicine therapist.
i am calm,patient,good hearted,caring,curious,humorous and interesting girl.
i am very interested in china and it's people.
i can also speak some chinese.
i am looking for a chinese guy about my age for longlasting friendship.
feel free to contact me.
zahav.net.il|orentaub
Nov 23, 2011 18:22
GUEST36149 i find asian men very attractive! Im a 'western' girl and i believe guys should make the first step when making conversation to show that they are confident. I see no problem with interracial dating everyones individual and if you find someone attractive go for it i say :)
Apr 9, 2012 21:30
GUEST18753 Im not for equality, and less the feminism intepretation of equality that is an artificial, forced and unfair with men; besides it is the reason that bring our girls to be what they are. Something that make our society fails.
May 4, 2012 03:41
GUEST25174 China is boys over girls. china lacks women. female babies were killed for men..they migrated to other lands from guangdong in the form of males, not females. For example, my thailand or siam. it was until before and during WW2, they migrated to my thailand in the form of big familities or married couples of both sexes. later generations of Thai men marry chinese women of Teochew origin naturally. my younger brother willl mary a chinese woman of teochew origin born out of chinese parents immigrants in Thailand.
May 27, 2012 13:21
GUEST48212 I am a white woman and I live in Cyprus. Yes, I am Cypriot. Of course I can't give the same opinion as Chinese men or women, but here is what I believe:

First of all, in my country there aren't many Chinese men and that is a disadvantage for me, because I am from the few people in my country that finds Chinese men sexually and physically attractive. It's not because of their tanned skin, black straight hair or beautiful eyes, they have something that I like.

Other women in my country follow all the stereotype things society tought them about Chinese men (small *** , unattractive, eat everything with rice or noodles, dragons, geeks, short, weak, kung fu). Unlike them, I believe that Chinese men are as equal on everything as men who belong in any other race. There are many Chinese men that I like and admired since forever.

Some examples of famous Chinese men that I like and find attractive are Bruce Lee (OK, I know he was 3/4 Chinese and 1/4 German), Jackie Chan, Robin Shou, Stephen Chow, Jet Lee, Ekin Cheng, Hu Bing & Tony Leung Ka-Fai. These are some of them that I find extremely attractive.

It's actually the fault of media presenting Chinese men with negativeness and with hate.
Page 25 of 26    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why do overseas Chinese men seldom marry western women?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code