Menu
Bathing after giving birth
Mar 4, 2012 05:35
GUESTAYLA_31 Too bad to those who believed that they cannot take a bath after giving birth. I had 3 children, im an asian and our culture believe that we cannot just take a bath after giving birth. But I dont believe that, 8 hrs after I gave birth, I already took a bath. It is due to the fact that we must consider that we are nursing our new born child and we should be clean whenever we feed them. Imagine yourself eating on a plate without washing it for a month and imagine yourself eating on a stinky place. If you believe that it is because you might get ill if you take a shower right away, it is because you are not used to be clean all the time and that your body is not yet immune on that kind of practice. I am sorry if i might be offending anyone here, but honestly, ive been there, i even smell mothers who goes for a check up with their baby and all they got was an advice that they must take a shower all the time, that might be the reason why the baby aint gaining weight or getting sick. And also a to the mother, go out and have a fresh air and sunlight=) this will help you get fresh and be healthier=)
Mar 14, 2012 06:04
GUEST01178 this is one thing about chinese and china i HATE! i hate the fact that young people today listen to OLD FARTS!!! and their pathetic understanding of how life is, and as far as i know, and aware taking showers is fine, i keep trying to tell my chinese wife to take a shower ,but she listens to her mom,
ironically they originate from the country side, I made real country ;like farms and stench
Mar 14, 2012 06:07
GUEST01178 When can I take a bath or a hot tub again after delivery?
print
Tweet

Laura Fijolek McKain

ob-gyn

Most care providers agree that tub baths are safe immediately following delivery. Taking a tub bath after delivery can be therapeutic. The warm water can soothe the episiotomy repair and ease swollen hemorrhoids. It can also help to ease the tension and fatigue that go along with having a new baby at home. If you have had a cesarean section, you may be asked to wait a week or so until your abdominal incision is well on the way to healing. Talk to your care provider for exact instructions.

As for the hot tub, I'd be more cautious. Because the water isn't drained after every use, the only way it would be safe before six weeks is if the tub is meticulously clean. You don't want to risk an infection during these critical early weeks while you are still healing. And you don't want to risk harming anyone else, either. If you're still bleeding, you could contaminate the tub, making it unsafe for others.

www.babycenter.com
Mar 15, 2012 01:11
GUEST4222
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST01178 View Post

this is one thing about chinese and china i HATE! i hate the fact that young people today listen to OLD FARTS!!! and their pathetic understanding of how life is, and as far as i know, and aware taking showers is fine, i keep trying to tell my chinese wife to take a shower ,but she listens to her mom,
ironically they originate from the cou...

I would have divorced you if I were your wife. You can refuse to accept Chinese tradition of no bath after birth. But do not say four letter words here. Different countries have different customs.

May 29, 2012 03:27
GUEST71106 I am from a country named Trinidad and Tobago its in the Caribbean. We believe that after a woman gives birth she shouldn't take a shower for 9 days not a mth but she can wash off that's no problem. We believe that there is something called lining cold which means that the lining of your uterus is very thin and delicate, the old folks also says a woman shouldn't push a broom or lift anything heavy....but after all you can wash off.
May 31, 2012 06:44
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST4222

I would have divorced you if I were your wife. You can refuse to accept Chinese tradition of no bath after birth. But do not say four letter words here. Different countries have different customs.

The inability to understand an old saying brings anger to this Chinese girl that associates the word as the "four-letter words". Old fart simply means old-fashioned.

Wan
Dec 23, 2012 10:35
GUEST62454 is there any true in not bathing for one month after delivery
Dec 23, 2012 21:21
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST62454

is there any true in not bathing for one month after delivery

It was true in the past. Today, in some rural areas, moms are not allowed to take a bath in one month after they deliver their babies.

However, the situation is totally different in big cities. Many families hire professional nannies to take care of those moms. Bath taboo is not observed any more.

In my view, it totally depends on the mom's physical constitution. If she recover slowly, bath is not suggested.
Jan 11, 2013 00:06
GUEST14290 I had my baby 4 weeks ago, and trust me! After all that labor and commotion you want to take a shower as soon as your epidural lets you stand up and sart having family and friends coming to visit. on the other hand, baby will get a bath as soon as they place you in your recovery room, and you want the same fresh feeling for you! About going out just watch for the cold weather, cover yourself (head) since it can affect you. I had epidural and had to deal with bad migraines for few days as a side effect and going out no dressed properly didn't help... Other than that, being hygienic and active (without gettin exhausted) is easy and healthy for you and baby.
Jun 7, 2013 19:13
GUEST20089 dont bathe for 9 days
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Bathing after giving birth
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code