Menu
Travel in Sichuan
Jun 16, 2008 08:05
  • JABAROOTOO
Announcements today stated tours are now available to Chengdu and the Bamboo Sea near Yibin.

Jun 27, 2008 01:43
  • CHERRY07
It is said that the regular bus from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou scenic area has resumed. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday, tourists can take the bus to Jiuzhaigou. But only individuals are allowed to enter Jiuzhaigou. Those tourist groups organized by travel agencies are not allowed to get in.
Jul 1, 2008 03:39
  • APAULT
Why? Rhetorical question. Would have expected it to be the other way around... maybe cos individuals are less likely to be foreigners
Jul 3, 2008 10:53
  • JABAROOTOO
I don't know, I'd say they are more likely to be foreigners. Few Chinese travel independently to places like Jiuzhaigou.

But it si a good question all the same. Any answers???
Jul 12, 2008 05:52
GUEST01124 Please excuse me for not checking all the messages but I have a few questions here and appreciate some useful replies. I will be travelling to the following places with public transport, are they back to normal ? If not, when ?

a) Leshan & Ermeishan,

b) Jiuzhaigo & HuangLong

Jul 13, 2008 00:32
  • BINBINT
I love Sichuan. I hope it can recover form the earthquake as soon as possible.
Jul 13, 2008 07:36
  • JABAROOTOO
Leshan and Ermeishan were unaffected by the quake so transport will be NORMAL.

Jiushaigou and Huanglong were not badly affected and are open again. However public transport is limited and I"d have to say it will be a long and arduous trips. I did it four years ago and it was pretty tough then. since the quake, while the road is open to traffic it will be very, very rough going much of the way. I would recommend making enquiries in Chengdu before you go to Leshan and Ermie and you may consider flying based on what you are told.

Places like Sam's Guest house or Holly's Hostel in Chengdu would be good sources of up to date info.

Sorry can't be of more help.
Jul 14, 2008 02:20
GUEST01124 Thanks JAB, you have been very helpful.

Shall I break up the journey then to Songpan or around ? Is Huanglong really so spectacular ? Is the arduos part to Huanglong or Jiu ? How about if I skip HL and just go direct to Jiu ? Is it much easier ?

Did you take the shuttle bus inside Jiuzhaigo in your last visit ? How much time do you need to visit all the top sights in the site ? Is one full day enough ?
Jul 16, 2008 19:47
  • ELLYSE
Long and arduous to EITHER. The problematic part is going out from Chengdu, and the road is the same whether you go to Jiuzhaigou or Huanglong.
We did 1 full day in Jiuzhaigou and that was fine for us.
Jul 31, 2008 23:59
  • ONEWORLD
I am chinese,from sichuan,china. Thank you for all you have done for ours during this earthquake. the same Send ours best wish for you!
Page 4 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Travel in Sichuan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code