Menu
Ferry schedule and fares from Hong Kong to Shenzhen - Shekou
Jun 29, 2009 00:17
  • ELLYSE
Sorry, I'm not familiar with Shenzhen. I haven't been to Windows of the World nor Splendid China there. Neither have I done any shopping at Dongmen and Luohu. You might be better off doing a Google, or waiting for someone else to answer.
There're direct ferries and buses from Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen. Look on the Hong Kong airport website for more details.
Jun 29, 2009 09:09
  • WAHAHA111
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTFALCO View Post

Hi Ellyse..

Can I ask you some question about shenzhen because next week I will go to shenzhen.

I will fly from my home country to HK next week and I don't know how to get Shenzhen, can u explain me about the route and the schedule also the fares?

I also want to see some "magical stuff" from there, could you explain agai...

I think you'd better take MTR to Shenzhen from HK. You can get to Luohu (the mall and the local udnerstand station at SZ) directly. Most sightseeing spots in SZ can be easily reached by the underground.

For shopping, you can ask for 1/3,, even 1/5, price of what they asked. Be very careful when you are going to pay by large banknote. My friend living there told me the shop always have traps to exchange your 'real' money into the fake ones.

Jul 6, 2009 11:46
GUEST15579 Just like all of you, I was unsure how to get to Shenzhen cheap and fast. Here are three possible routes you can consider:

1. Ferry - By far, the most straight-forward but expensive. Upon reaching HKIA, do not exit Immigration into Hong Kong. Instead, head towards around Gate 80. There will be direction showing you where to go to buy Ferry tickets. If you are lost, ask any of the airport officers/customer service representatives on the ground. Once at the ticket booth, you can decide if you want to go to Shekou, Fuyong or Humen Dongguan. If you are going into downtown Shenzhen, buy the ferry to Shekou. If you are heading towards the Shenzhen Airport, buy the Fuyong ticket. If you are heading to Dongguan or in that vicinity, buy the Humen ticket. The last time I took the ferry a couple of months back, the ticket was around HKD280 one-way. Yes, it's expensive. OK, assuming you are heading to Shekou, buy the ticket and head to the security check area for ferry terminal passengers (look for the signage). After the security check, you will need to get down to a lower level via elevator. Yes, the security checks staff can tell you where. Once you reach the ground level, there are buses waiting by the bay which will bring you to the ferry terminal, which is a 5-10 mins ride. There, you will wait for your respective ferry to start. They are usually late. So, no worry. Walk. Once you reach China, clear the Immigration, you will see a snake queue of taxis waiting outside. Take any of them, ask for meter to be ON, and tell them where you want to go. If you have some time, go the web, and search for a Chinese Printout of name and address of the hotel you are staying. You ca easily find them on the Internet on a lot of online travel agent websites, or on the website of the hotel itself. Try hard enough and I am sure you can locate the address. That will simplify everything. Print and show that to the driver. Sit back and enjoy the journey. Oh, the ferry ride, by the way, is rather smooth and a nice 45 mins ride.

(to continue in next thread...) (Clayton - Singapore)

Aug 24, 2009 04:40
GUEST10047 i want to go shekou from hongkong ( tsim sha shui or near by) is there any service of ferry and what it will cost for me, and timings of ferry
Aug 25, 2009 21:54
  • ELLYSE
I don't think there're ferries for that route. I would probably suggest that you take the MTR to the border, then continue from there.
Aug 29, 2009 03:44
GUESTANIRUDH... Hi
We will be travelling to HK in December and would like to go to Shenzhen directly. Please advise the best way to do so? We will be staying in Nanshan district. Then we would be going to Macau. Please advise the best mode of travelling between Shenzhen and Macau and which of the two ports would be more convenient.
Hopefully you will be able to answer these for me.
Thank you,
Aug 29, 2009 06:10
  • ELLYSE
"Best" is subjective.
Travelling from where in Hong Kong to where in Shenzhen? If you're flying to Hong Kong, what time does your flight arrive? How many of you are there and how much luggage do you have?
Aug 30, 2009 10:17
GUEST83236 Please, urgent!

I have to book (online) in a few hours 2 tickets for the ferry from Shekou to Hongkong Central.
I'm from the Netherlands and i already try to book on this site: http://www.szgky.com/en/index.asp
Unfortunatelly, it doesn't work. When we try to book online, at least this site tells that something went wrong.

I need the ferry tickets to get our Visa.
Please, does anyone know an other site where we can book online? (for 2009-09-21)
Aug 30, 2009 19:53
  • ELLYSE
Tickets were required for visa applications during the Olympic season but now no more. I don't think you need those tickets to prove that you're leaving China, for your visa application.
Aug 31, 2009 02:54
GUEST83236 Yes, we need them.
We were called by the visa that they need that tickets to prove we're leaving China
Page 3 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Ferry schedule and fares from Hong Kong to Shenzhen - Shekou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code