Menu
Where is the OLYMPIC TORCH ????
May 30, 2008 00:14
  • JABAROOTOO
This morning the Olympic Torch Relay was run in President Hu Jintao's hometown of Jixi in Anhui Province.

Jixi is the only county-level stop on the Torch Relay in the Chinese mainland.

In less than two weeks it will be here in Chongqing........

Let's know when it passes through your city.
Jun 1, 2008 20:59
GUEST5286 Sigh! I am from Baoji and the torch relay doesn't reach Baoji. Perhaps, I will come to Xi'an to witness the Olympic torch relay.
Jun 15, 2008 21:41
  • JABAROOTOO
This morning the Torch Relay was run through Chongqing.

Fortunately for me the route ran right past my back door. I watched as the crowds began to gather from before 6.30 in the morning. I joined the crowds down on the street instead of taking a bird's eye view from the upper floors of my building.

After a few false starts excitement swelled as two runners were dropped in our section of the street. You can imagine my disappointment when I saw that they were both foreigners. I had already seen two, perhaps not runners on the COKE A COLA float that had preceded the runners by fifteen minutes encouraging the waiting crowds.

Photo: Running after the torch

Jun 15, 2008 22:17
  • BBQQ
When will the torch relay come to Xi'an? I am wondering if some members who are in Xi'an can upload some photos here.
Jun 16, 2008 08:01
  • JSUMMERS83
I am told that it should be coming through Urumqi this next week, but we've already been advised as foreigners not to make the trip to the capital to watch. We're a bit disappointed to say the least. I don't think they'll be any foreigners running this leg of the race either. Too bad.
Post a Reply to: Where is the OLYMPIC TORCH ????
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code