Menu
Chinese salad dressing
Feb 23, 2011 23:14
GUEST50018 I live in benidorm and lynpvw recipe is the best way to make the dressing and as she said it will keep for a long time......the thing is if you make it and it doesn't taste right you need to add the sugar accordingly my first attempt didn't have enough in and it wasn't a patch on later attempts, oh and one more thing make sure its rice wine vinegar not just rice wine.......enjoy
Mar 8, 2011 19:56
GUESTBEE Chinese salad dressing is nice and healthy.
It taste delicious and is good for body too.
There is a quick way to make this dish.
Attach is the recpie :)
http://www.unicurd.com.sg/Recipe.aspx?rid=120
Mar 27, 2011 10:07
GUESTFOOTBALL great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.
Apr 4, 2011 05:37
GUEST47147 We asked the Chinese restaurant owners in Cabo de Palos in Spain - they told us it is very simple: Milk, Sugar and Vinegar. We could not believe it was so simple but tried it ourselves and it is perfect.
May 17, 2011 06:34
  • DEELIGHTUK
Quote:

Originally Posted by LYNNPVW View Post

I've lived in Spain for 11 years and have had this dressing many times. I've asked in several Chinese owned restaurants and the recipe is always the same. No mayonnaise, no soy sauce ..... it's actually very simple.

1 part water
1 part sugar
1/4 part rice wine vinegar

Boil the water and sugar until the sugar has melt...

I didn't expect this to be the right recipe at first as it was clear, not milky but as I had nothing to lose, and it sounded like the right ingredients, I decided to try it:) From what I remember this is very similar to the taste, I added a little more rice vinegar but thank you so much for providing this recipe Lynn and for joining the forum:)) I wonder what the white ingredient is then:/
May 23, 2011 12:05
GUEST25119 Hello my name is alan. I recently came back from Spain and like you thought the chinese salad dressing was amazing, but could not find out what was in it. I found your forum. I am now wondering if you ever did find what it was . as it was quite a while since you posted it? Cheers.
Jul 17, 2011 10:40
GUEST16843 still looking for the salad dressing
Jul 19, 2011 07:45
GUEST43217 its made of vinigar salt and sugar
Jul 24, 2011 08:42
GUESTADAM found this on the net:

1 cup of Rice Vinegar
Ajimoto (MSG)
3 tablespoons of Sunflower oil
1 cup of Sugar
a bit of Salt

some people use a bit of water to shake better. Then you keep it in the fridge and its ready to use it.

I live near Tarragona and this is the one you are looking for and it is nice.
Hope this helps.
Sep 19, 2011 05:24
GUESTTONI hi i have been to benidorm about 6 times now and always goto the china gardens restaurant, i was in benidorm last week and when i went this time i got my usual salad and the crispy roast pork ( i have been sooooo looking forward to thess dishes) and my partner had the sweet tomato soup all of which were great, since coming back to uk i have tried to find the recipes and other than the salad dressing have been unlucky so far i probably should have asked whist there but would have felt cheeky so if guest 50018 from benidorm ( or anybody else for that matter) should happen to know the recipes for any or all of these dished i would be extreemly greatful as it wil be a long time before i can return to benidorm again thanks

p.s sorry about any spelling mistakes
Page 5 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese salad dressing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code