Menu
Chinese salad dressing
May 31, 2012 10:03
GUEST11618 I went into a Chinese produce store in Benidorm today, to try and buy some, I was told by the owner that it was a simple combination of white wine vinegar, sugar,milk, and a little ground nut oil, to help it adhere to the salad, she commented that it was so simple and cheap to make at home that nobody had bothered to bottle and market it.
Jun 4, 2012 05:27
GUEST43144 I live in Spain, all the chinese restaurants do this sauce, but they guard the secret. No one tells you the truth . However what you need is sunflower oil, with rice wine vinegar, (can use white wine, but the acidity is different), sugar a bit of salt, and they also put monosodium glutamate. whisk for 10 mins then leave in fridge a few hours. This is it. I have sean loads of people suggesting mayo !!! NO no no
1 glass vinegar
1 glass sugar
3 tee spoon fulls mono sodioglutamate
2 tee spoon full salt
2 table spoons sunflower oil.

Jul 16, 2012 15:15
GUEST95118 It's called Mirin, you can buy it most places including tescos.

Took me a while to track down what it was as well!
Sep 20, 2012 04:02
GUEST88148 we have been told that the ingredients areas follows
mayones white vinager and sugar
but dont know what quantities to apply
Oct 9, 2012 07:32
GUEST45835 Seasoned rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil I think. I had the same dressing on the same salad you described in Spain in a restaurant called 'pekin' and someone said it could be that. Hope that helps! You can find on the Internet the measurements to make it yourself ;)
Feb 20, 2013 11:33
GUEST14343 Whilst I was on holiday in Tenerife I got given this seceret recipe!!! White wine vinegar, sugar and lemon juice - quite simply!
Apr 13, 2014 15:00
GUEST10122 Hi! This is a bit too late to post but here it goes for later references... I entered this forum hoping to get the recipe for the Chinese white salad dressing.

I am from Spain and that is where I have tried this (I guess not so famous in England) dressing. Following Jabarootoo´s advice I checked a Spanish website and there it was! (thanks to my linguistic skills I can provide a translation yay)

The recipe is dead simple:

50ml of any vinager (apple, white or red wine, rice...)
50gr of sugar
2 tblspoons of sunflower oil (or vegetable, but never olive oil)
Salt

Blend all ingredients with a hand blender for 3-4 minutes until it becomes wite and thick.

Good luck!

Maria
Apr 18, 2014 02:20
  • JACOB222
I like the Chinese salad and its dressing is really beautiful to see.Its very lovely and may just looking out it but not eating it because its hurt you when you pluck any thing from the salad because its so pretty.I like it so much and salad is very delicious in taste and good for health.
May 6, 2014 11:18
  • PLDB
The dressing is only white wine vinegar, sugar and water. use ingredients to your taste. easy to do chill before use to keep lettuce crisp.
Jul 13, 2015 06:21
GUEST88157 Did you ever find out what this dressing was? I'm in Spain currently and had a Chinese salad with the same lovely dressing on
Page 6 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese salad dressing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code