Menu
Married to Chinese National...visa issues
Sep 17, 2013 04:35
GUEST18137 Hi i am filipino also live in china. Yes you can get a residence permit just like mine, as long as your husband have a house or even renting.1st you need to have a physical examination record 2nd Just go to the police station show your house title and ask for a residence permit and make sure your husband has a citizen i.d where you are located except to their citizen i.d.. Example: if your husband is from fujian they have their citizen i.d but once they go to shenzhen and you will get your residence permit in shenzhen your husband must have a residence i.d in shenzhen... If you are confused to my message just go to china embassy and they will tell you what to do...
Oct 3, 2013 05:28
GUEST71444 Hi everyone,

I hope my question is simple enough.

Background:
I am Australian.
My wife is Chinese and has her Hukou in Shanghai. Her family is from Shenyang so we bought two apartments here in Shenyang and are living here.

1. Would a residency permit entitle me to work?

2. Can I apply for and receive a residency permit here in Shenyang?

3. If her Hukou is a problem then will transferring one of the properties into my name solve the issue (as a foreigner who owns local property) and allow me to get a local residency book?

Thanks in advance for anyone who helps with a reply.

Dave

Oct 8, 2013 02:32
GUESTY6790 1. If you want to work in PRC, you have to apply for a work visa. Then apply for the temporary residence permit and then you can work in China.
2. Your residence permit is together with your work location. If you find a job in Shenyang, then you will have a temporary residence permit in Shenyang. If you change your job to Shanghai, then you have to move your residence permit to Shanghai.
3. I can't understand it. Do you want to apply or the permanent resident permit or the citizenship of PRC? If you acquire the permanent resident permit, you will get a special ID card. But you still can't have the Hukou. Only Chinese citizens can have the Hukou.
Jan 13, 2015 02:47
GUEST11249 My wife is Chinese. Her mother is getting old and it is important to them both that I meet her and the family in China. But especially my mother in law to pay my respects. I have two felony's. But no violence on my record and no prison time. They were victimless crimes. That I got only county jail time for. I am not a threat or danger to anyone. And I am in fact on disability SSI
May 13, 2015 01:00
GUEST64204 I'm a Canadian guy married a Chinese national in Hong Kong,we had a baby a year ago born in China, what nationality would my baby girl be and is it difficult to get her a visa in the future?
May 13, 2015 21:07
GUEST9863
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST64204

I'm a Canadian guy married a Chinese national in Hong Kong,we had a baby a year ago born in China, what nationality would my baby girl be and is it difficult to get her a visa in the future?

Hey, your baby is a Chinese citizen, to be exact, a Hong Kong resident. You can apply her for a HK passport if you like. According to what I know, HK passport is much powerful than mainland Chinese passport. HK people enjoy VOA in many countries.

Of course, you can choose to apply her Canadian citizenship.
Jul 26, 2015 15:58
GUEST14478 hey all I have a Chinese girl friend I want over there to see her and I come back home to England she hits me with a bit of news on wechat she sent me a test that come back + and now she is saying we got to get married and live over in Guangzhou, China with her and get things ready for the wedding what visa would I need to live over there
Jul 27, 2015 21:18
GUEST7Y893
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST14478

hey all I have a Chinese girl friend I want over there to see her and I come back home to England she hits me with a bit of news on wechat she sent me a test that come back + and now she is saying we got to get married and live over in Guangzhou, China with her and get things ready for the wedding what visa would I need to live over there

Then you need to apply or a Q1 type to stay longer time in Guangzhou. It doesn't allow you to work. However, the premise is that you both get married first because your marriage certificate, her invitation and her Chinese ID card copy are required.

To get married with her, you can just apply for a L type with her invitation letter. And you can not change your L into a Q1.After getting married, you need get back to your country to apply for Q1.
Nov 27, 2017 02:20
GUEST72587 Hi, do you have a job in China and are you UN china?
Aug 2, 2018 17:48
GUEST32216 I am American and my wife is a Chinese national . She has been denied three Times on a B2 visa because she could not demonstrate ties to China .
We have been married about 18 months , a neighbor of mine suggested we get a marriage visa . Is there such a visa available ?
Page 12 of 13    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Married to Chinese National...visa issues
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code