Married to Chinese issues
Jan 30, 2009 02:22
GUESTLANE Hi all/ Hi Raja,

I have a boy friend who is now a 'foreign expert' in china. We both are Malaysian. He is hired as a tooling specialiat with a Malaysia/German owned factory there in Dongguan, Guangzhou. And he is there for almost a year now. I used to travel every couple of months for meeting up and also, I am starting my own wholesale business by getting/sourcing stock from guanzhou and shenchen. I have been using tourist visa all this while and I would like to know how long can i stay in China with a tourist visa? And is there any way that i can stay in china abit longer such as stay there for a month then come back, then travel again and stay there for another month. It is so hard for 2 of us being separate apart like this. We wish to have more time spend for each other there. Also, i was asked to teach some of his friends in China, part timely teaching them english, like having a tuition class or speaking class, just to help them abit. But if i cannot stay there for long, don think this can be done.

I would like to have some advise from u guys here.. thanks a lot.
Feb 1, 2009 23:27
GUEST25090 hi,
I am planning on going to China, and marrying my lady. then we will live in china. I will teach English (I hope) . what will I need?
Feb 2, 2009 16:39
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Mar 11, 2006
  • Status: Offline
GUESTLANE: The maximum stay seems to vary according to nationality and the office you apply at. Apply for the visa in your own country and apply for the maximum duration with multiple entry. In my case this gave me a maximum of nine months.

If you have problems with this, consider applying for a business (F)Nvisa, however you might need the assistance of an employer or agency for this. It used to be possible to easily obtain them in HK just by asking, but I hear stories that it is more difficult now.

Feb 6, 2009 08:43
GUEST86623 My husband is an Australian and I am a Chinese. We are in India now and try to figure out how to apply visa for him as we are going back to China in a month. Anyone can give us some good imformation? Thanks a lot.
Mar 24, 2009 01:56
GUEST13190 Hi, I'm Chad, I am a Canadian just about to marry a Chinese national (candian perm. res) here in Canada. We are hoping to move to Shanghai to live with her family for a couple of years. Will our marriage need to be ratified in china? Her dad owns a factory there, and I have a friend who also owns a wholly foriegn owned company there. There might be a chance I could work for either of them. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we proceed, or what I will need to work there? Also, can we start our own business??? Thanks.
Mar 25, 2009 06:46
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Mar 11, 2006
  • Status: Offline
Guest13190: based on what I have read in here you do not need to get yr marriage ratified in China (but I suggest you read the many posts).

If the businesses in question are accredited to employ foreigners , you might be able to apply for a Z (work) visa... if not, one of them might be able to find another company that can do it on their behalf. In any case the employer will have to show that you have suitable skills and qualifications. If this is not possible you might be able to obtain an F visa (business). If the foreign owned company employs (and, technically, pays) you overseas, or if they pay you with money they have brought from overseas then I believe that is well within the F visa rules. Then there is the unofficial F visa operation: a company applies for one for you and you work I understand it, this depends on the local PSB office and the relationship the employer has with it and local police (or is prepared to develop). Your 'family' will understand this side of things !
Mar 31, 2009 10:25
I am an american and just married my Chinese wife in February. I am going to apply for her visa to come to the United States. Which visa do we need? Was was the the I-130 but think in could also apply for the k3. I think the I-130 is harder and longer process does anyone have any ideas or know about this?
Thank you please contact me at|bradlyedwards Xiuhua and I would apprecate any help we could get.
Apr 8, 2009 23:38
GUEST22925 This message is for NATT:

My fiance is from America, we are considering getting married in China and living in Guangzhou afterwards. But I want to know what kind of visa he will be able to get after marrying me in China. Most of what I found online says that presenting a Chinese marriage license, he will be able to have his L visa extended, instead of getting a spouse visa, which btw doesn't seem to exist, because the guidline from the police bureau says "those who want to visit family members living in China should be on L visa".

Please kindly advise how it has worked out for you, what type of visa you are able to obtain through your marriage relation to a Chinese citizen. Thank you in advance!
Apr 9, 2009 09:25
GUEST23163 GUESTBRAD did you register your marriage or did you just have a formal ceremony? If you have not registered your marriage then you would be able to sponser your wife for a K1 fiance visa which will only take 3 to 6 months to have issued and then you both will have 90 days to get married in the U.S. after arrival then you have to file a change of status to apply for her permanent residance. If she goes through immigration at JFK she will be issued a conditional work permit if she plans on looking for employment, JFK is the only point of entry that issues this.If you have registered your marriage in China then unfortunately you have to apply for the K3 spouse visa which takes 18 to 24 months to be issued.
Apr 15, 2009 21:53
I'm a British national who got married to a Chinese national last November (2009). We each have a marriage book issued by my wife's local government office in Harbin, Heilongjiang. Her Hukou is from there. I want to know if the marriage is legally recognised in my home country, UK. If not, what is the procedure to make it legally recognised? Also, I would like to obtain the family 6 month visa. Does anyone know the procedure to get this? We've enquired at the government office here, but different officials keep giving us different info. Feeling very confused and a little concerned as my current L visa expires early May. We live in Qingdao, China. Thanks for any advice or suggestions.
My email is:|adrian.tanner
Page 2 of 13    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Married to Chinese issues
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code