Menu
Married to Chinese National...visa issues
Apr 16, 2009 06:06
  • DODGER
Adrian, you will need to contact your local UK consulate to register your marriage.
Yes, it is legally recognized in the UK.
You will be able to apply for a family reunion visa, which in fact is a category of the L visa. These are generally for up to 12 months with multiple entry. You are not supposed to work on this visa.
Dodger.
Apr 25, 2009 02:48
GUESTEMMATEX hello deal friend i also have the same problem ,for ur l visa how many months they give u ?for ur question they can give u if u turn l visa to f visa .it will be possible but u must have office in china and make sure that ur company registered in ur country,and u must bring ur copy or ur country business certificate and bank letter and u take all to chinese embassy to ur country to stamp it with chinese embassador and take all to china and register ur office in china and they will still give u all the doccument to go back to ur country to get z visa ,only and u come back again to china ,then. they will start giving u one years ,just like that .i am emmatex ,u can contact me for more information yahoo.com|oec2002ng
Jul 10, 2009 18:12
GUEST14775 The best Advice I can give you is to go to the Public Security Office they will inform you what you can and cannot do. I know if you purchase a home in China you will be allowed to obtain a Z visa. If you are in Hong Kong then you can go to the Chinese consulate and they will help you as well. You do not need to go back to the country you are a citizen of.

Jul 15, 2009 23:31
  • APAULT
Re last post: Can you provide evidence re getting a Z visa if you own a property ion China. I have never heard of this.....but if you are right this is very important and provides an easy way to work in China. I am very surprised because a Z visa has always been depenant on having an approved employer offer you a job. Also it is only valid for 30 days, within which time you and your employer must seek a Temporary Residence Permit....and cannot be obtained without an employer.
Jul 17, 2009 10:06
GUEST23455 I have never read so much confused misinformation in my life.

I am British and married to a lady from Nanning. We moved back to the UK in order for my Wife to qualify as a UK citizen and then moved lock, stock and barrely back to China on a Tourist (Family & Relatives).

Shortly after our arrival my Tourist Visa was converted to a residence permit at the local ministry for Exit and Entry. Actually, they gave me a little green boolet. I need to retain this status for 5 years where upon I will be granted permanent right of abode with Nationality if I so desire. As I never intend returning to boring, rip off Britain, I guess I might just avail myself of this offer. There is a guide to this process available in multiple languages from the afore mentioned Ministry in Guangzhou where we applied for residency.

I did not have to supply any references or proof of anything whatsoever. All it took was was our Marriage Certificates (little red books :) ) from the Court in Nanning.

Oh yes, being married to a Chinese National DOES give YOU extra rights and certainly preferencial treatment. Either that or I was just lucky or the fact that my Wife my wife has relatives in good government possitions may have helped? All I can say is it took a mere 10 working days to complete all formalities.
Jul 20, 2009 02:12
  • TURQUANZ
Dear GUEST23455 How long you got married_? I felt suprise with your post. Sure if you married over 5 years with chinese you can get Residence permit easly.
Jul 25, 2009 05:26
thanks vikrant i got married to chinese national and shifting to shenzhen..... i got 1year multiple entry 60day limit visa....i have some doubts
Jul 26, 2009 07:18
We(myself(from india) and my wife(chinese national) ) are moving to china next month (Aug-2009). and i will be finding a job in shenzhen. From here (Chinese embassy) is giving me two choice for visa
1. single entry six month L-visa
2. 1year multiple entry 60day limit L-visa.

now any how if i got a job in shenzhen , i have to come back to India and apply for Z-Visa.

My question is
which visa should i prefer out of 2?

thanks in Advance
Jul 29, 2009 07:36
GUEST19721 hi there......i'm sorry for the repetitive sounding question..

i am a uk citizen, planning to marry my chinese national boyfriend here in Harbin..i am currently on an L visa... We also had the plan to open a small business together....or he opens one if it means less paperwork and investment....but i wanted to know how I could be incorporated into this...I did not graduate from university I only have college education and think that may affect my application too.

We also want to set up an internet based business...does anybody know f we need to officially register that? And if we actually set up an official small retail business and linked it with our internet business can my husband 'employ' me easier as i could be in control of the international online trading we'd be doing?

I really don't know where to start...I see the PSB floating around a lot but i dont think theyd have the time or patience to answer my load of questions.

I would ideally like to apply for residency after marriage and just wonder is it possible for me?

I will appreciate any help for any of my quesitons..You can email me at: hotmail.co.uk|lisa_2237 or i will check back here every so often. Thank you ^^
Jul 31, 2009 01:23
GUEST39236 Hello,

I am considering applying for the spouses visa, I married my Chinese wife here in the UK some three years ago. Do you know the process for obtaining such a visa in the UK, I am heading over the Harbin next month on a vacation visa and am not sure whether to do it now or when I get there.

Also, do you think I willl need to get our marriage certificate translated? many thanks for any guidance
Page 3 of 13    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Married to Chinese National...visa issues
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code