Menu
Married to Chinese National...visa issues
Apr 12, 2010 12:02
  • APAULT
You have few automatic rights to stay. You cannot work unless you meet the normal requirements which would get you a work visa (Z) or perhaps a business visa (F). If you are not eligible for these you apply for a tourist visa (family re-union) which is typically 12 months but might be less, though I have also I have heard of 2 years. You then have no rights to work or study. Some foreigners start a business through their wife/husband but expect to pay off the local officials.
Apr 13, 2010 07:29
GUEST78116 i just married in china got my l vis extended for 1 yr cost 500 yuen dead easy to do
Apr 15, 2010 02:26
GUEST13227 OK, well I have a good one for everyone, and I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. I live in Ningbo with my wife(Chinese national), but I'm having a serious problem with this HuKou situation. My wife is from Guangzhou, and moved here a year ago to live with me, and help me out with my Representative office set up here in Ningbo. Problem I'm having is that she can't switch her Hukou, and all she keeps telling me is that the only solution, is to buy a property in Ningbo, which I seem to have great difficulty believing. Hell if it's that hard to obtain a Hukou, she might as well apply for Canadian residency, I think that'll be easier.
Apr 15, 2010 06:51
  • APAULT
Believe your wife! Switching the Hukou is not easy. It can take 30 years. Kids are denied schooling and workers are exploited all because of this system.

I believe it is related to city based finances and a desire to stop too many people moving from the less desirable to the more desirable areas (ie poor to wealthy), and perhaps it was used as a means of control in what was a ighly controlled society, but the systeem remains. Maybe some Chinese can comment further.

It's one of the things you have to accept if you want to live in China. Of course, you might find that you are treated more favourably if you just happen to takle a few ffficials to dinner and buy them some gifts. But watch out, remember what happened to the Australian Hu Chern!
May 13, 2010 23:30
GUESTMAX hello Max is here.i wanna get a chinese nationality or green card.i have a girl friend over here.i am a medical student here in china.i will graduate after 3 years after i wanna d job here here some where in hospital.what i have to do for it???
May 29, 2010 20:49
GUESTDAVID I am an American citizen and more then likely will marry a Chinese woman when I am on a tourist visa. When married ,what kind of visa do I qualify for, and what is the longest I can stay with her in China before I have to and leave apply for a new visa? Furthermore, would I have to leave China and then return. Hong Kong isn't far from where we would live in Zhanjiang. I would appreciate advice. Thankyou
Aug 9, 2010 20:28
GUEST64830 hello 2 everyone,

i am a philippine girl i came here in china as a tourist visa,and my fiancee is a chinese national
we met in phillippine and we will 2gether i got pregnant there,and then i decided that i want to born my baby and china,so now i am here in china as now, then i want 2 aplly married they cnnot allowed me because i am only 18 years old.then my visa was expired now,and my pregnant i need to born now,so my fiancee go to entry and exit dept.admin.that pls i want 2 extend the visa of my girlfriend he said so they give me..my baby is 2 years old now.i pay my baby 5000 yuan because me and my husband not yet married,so now i am 20 now.we will not yet allowed to get married because,they said we must to back to my place to get another visa,and as now they fine me a 500 per day and one year is 5000 yuan,so my problem is money i had no work in house only and the police they said we must to pay it asap.and then back to my place. how about my baby?? i back to place can i back again here in china what will i do? pls help.and what type of visa that i will get and i want fastest because my baby no peolpe will take him
i had no relatives here only my husband.

pls help me... so i tell to but my visa was expired now,not yet married because my

Aug 9, 2010 20:32
GUESTLUKE David, there is actually no special visa for you, and no automatic right of residence either.
Being married gives you no other visa rights, except that you can apply for an L visa for visiting family, which may help you with a long stay visa.
But in that case, your L visa can normally be renewed each year in China unless you want to work or run a business and then process a permanent resident permit in China.
Aug 9, 2010 20:59
GUESTAMILY GUEST64830, as what they said, you must pay the fine about 5000 yuan cz you have overstayed one year in China. And then back to your country to get another visa to China to get married. Otherwise, you can not permited to marry in China. A single certificate is needed for your marriage registration, which you need from your country and certified by Chinese embassy or consulate there.
Aug 17, 2010 21:50
GUEST23626 I am retiring soon ,y work permit will expire , i am married to Chinese local and have family , is it possible to get resident permit to stay with them even though i will not be working
Page 5 of 13    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Married to Chinese National...visa issues
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code