Menu
Married to Chinese National...visa issues
Aug 17, 2010 22:29
GUESTHELEN Hi, Guest23626, Latest news from China Daily: The Chinese Ministry of Public Security has finally made changes to its policy concerning foreigners with family in China, and now offers a new 'Family Visit Visa' for those who meet specific criteria - which is intrinsically related to having family in China. This new visa can be either Tourist (L) or Residency (D) = But you begin with 'L'. First application is always for a 'new visa' ans the visa can be 6-months duration, continual stay, multi-entry. Second visa is classed as an 'extension', and can be for 6 or 12 months. If you are over 60 years old, then subsequent visa's can be for 2-years (Conditions apply).

Jan 18, 2011 03:10
GUESTFRANK Hi everyone. I hope y'all doing great. I have a very pressing question thats been bothering the hell out of me. I am a Nigerian(I know that name doesn't ring a good bell)studying in China. I'm in a serious relationship with a Chinese girl.Her parents have been very supportive of our relationship. My question is can i marry here while on a student visa? Please any suggestion(s) would be appreciated. My email address is : yahoo.com|frankykool
Jan 18, 2011 03:39
  • CHERRY07
GUESTFRANK,

You can get married with her but you need to go through some precedures. Read [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/marriage-registration.htm]Marriage Registration in China[/tcgurl] for reference.
Jan 30, 2011 12:59
GUESTDOMINIC... hello i am an american citizen married to a chinese woman she is still in china waiting to come to the united states i want to go to visit her now do i need to buy a visa for this trip
Jan 30, 2011 20:32
  • MILES
It is easy for you to obtain a China Tourist Visa for family visit, I don't know the precedure of getting a US visa for your Chinese wife. You just need to prepare your passport, one passport photo, fill one visa application form, marriage license and the photocopy of your Chinese wife's passport, then go to China embassy/consulates in USA according to consular districts to drop off your application. For more information, please refer to http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/united_states.htm
Feb 10, 2011 16:20
  • PHILIP_B
My spouse is a Chinese national does she need anything else besides her Chinese passport to travel to China from the USA and Then back? She also has her green card.
Feb 11, 2011 00:37
  • MILES
She needs to take her Chinese passport and her Green Card to travel to China from USA and then return to USA
Feb 12, 2011 18:44
  • PHILIP_B
Xie xie ni
Feb 14, 2011 05:01
GUESTNGHIA Hi,

I am Chinese who was born in Vietnam but have held a UK passport since the age of 5. ( I am now 33)

I married my wife in 2006 in the UK and have lived here since - she is a Chinse National with a Chinese passport.

We are now expecting our 1st baby and are planning to permanently relocate to China. We have 2 properties in China in my mother in law's name but do not have any jobs secured yet.

We are planning to move before the baby arrives in September.

What visa should I apply for and what documents will I need. I have read the Chinese embassy and visa website for the UK and the information is confusing or non existent to say the least

Any help is appreciated

thanks
Nghia
Feb 14, 2011 19:35
  • HELPER
Now, you can apply for a tourist visa for family visit with a longer stay duration, 180 days at most per entry. The required documents are: your UK passport, your wife's Chinese passport, the marriage license authorized by UK Foreign Affairs Office and Chinese embassy/consulates in Uk, one completed visa application form attached with one recent passport photo.

In addition, you'd better tell where do you live in UK, then I can tell you the detailed procedure for you to apply for authentication of your marriage license.

You can apply for Chinese passport for your baby if he/she is born in China.
Page 6 of 13    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Married to Chinese National...visa issues
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code