Menu
Retired couple refuses to pay 2012 Olympic Games Tax
Feb 20, 2011 21:41
  • NOBODY
"Now the British government are forcing London people to pay for something many don't want. What is the difference? "

Different is that they still have a place to live and can maintain their Life style... but you are right that its similar... just that they can complain loudly with the media as help about it...

I also think its wrong that the people should pay for something they dont want. (had there been a votin by the people if they want to do it?)
But it could bring a bit business to Britain and maybe can help to change the world view...
Mar 10, 2011 16:06
GUEST86163 I totally agree with this couple I am disgusted. I was not aware they would slap the bill onto us Londoners. They wanted the damn thing here, I was against it and so was a lot of people that I know. I mean, a and e at hospitals are shutting and they build this isor and put in millions when they need hospital units for sick children and people waiting. I cant put down bad language but you can imagine what I feel anyway. Plus the train line from where I live goes straight thru to it, its over crowded now as it is, so no one will be getting on it when that happens, for a matter of couple of weeks and we are left with the bill, just flaming great.
Mar 15, 2011 04:33
GUEST22984 The 2012 Olympics, multibillion pound scam with a two weeks athletics event tacked on to the front end.

Nobody apart from a small number of the deluded and those in on the scam care about the Olympics and see it for what it is.
Mar 15, 2011 09:29
GUESTPAXHOIG... Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow.
Mar 15, 2011 21:55
  • BBQQ
I understand why you guys do not want London to hold 2012 Olympics. It costs too much money. The Asian Games was held in Guangzhou. Some news reports claim that Guangzhou borrowed a lot of money to hold the Asian Games. The officials said that they needed time to calculate and promised to publicize the expenditure in 2013.

In 2005, Guangzhou promised that the total expenditure for the 2010 Asian Games would be less than 2 billion yuan. On Oct. 13, 2010, the mayor of Guangzhou disclosed at the news conference that the total investment in 2010 Asian Games was about 120 billion yuan. However, an official in Guangzhou said that the total expenditure was about 210 billion yuan. The chief of the Guangzhou Municipal Bureau of Finance finally denied and said that the total budget was 13.6 billion yuan and the actual expenditure was 9.1 billion.

Whom should we believe?
Apr 7, 2011 02:52
GUESTCHOITHW... I mean, you work and you try and find the work that suits you the best and you enjoy the most.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Retired couple refuses to pay 2012 Olympic Games Tax
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code