Menu
Tell me about Shenzhen
May 17, 2012 07:49
GUEST00141 Do i know the situation of this city now a days.
May 20, 2012 17:29
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST00141

Do i know the situation of this city now a days.

Is it a question or a statement?
Wan
May 30, 2012 14:40
  • DAVEC
Since I started the thread (2008) I have been to Shenzhen a few times and stay for a while. I had one occasion when a passing cyclist tried to grab my camera off me, I have to report he failed and suffered some pain for his troubles.
Other than this I had nothing but good experience in the city.
May 30, 2012 21:18
Bike/motorcycle gangs can be found in many places. My friend told me that his colleague's laptop was stolen by a motocycle thief. His colleague just put his backpack on his right shoulder. The guy on the motorcycle just grabbed his backpack and ran away.

This is a good lesson to me. Since I heard about that, I alway put my backpack in front of my chest when I am outside. Sometimes, it is unsafe to put your backpack behind because someone might follow you, open it and take your laptop away.
May 31, 2012 04:58
  • WANHU
Lonely, it's frontpack for you.
Wan
May 31, 2012 05:04
  • WANHU
I learnt my lesson when in GZ, Shangxiajiu to be exact, I lost a lot of money to a pickpocket, one day before new year. The money was meant for health treatment at the GD Provincial people's Hospital and acupuncture at Baiyun Sports Injury Hospital. The thieves are professional, it was inside my coat, they cut from the inside which i packed RMB10k each.
Wan
May 31, 2012 05:04
  • WANHU
In SZ so far no untoward incident happened.
Wan
Jun 3, 2012 01:32
RMB10k each? So you lost 20000 rmb in all??? Did you report to the local police? Chinese people are very warm-hearted. They do much better for foreigners than their own people.

A Japanese guy lost his bicycle in Wuhan. The local police found its bike in three days and then returned it to him. But my friend lost his camera, wallet and ID ard in a sports goods store when he tried on the clothes. He brought the surveillance video to the police station and pled them to investigate his case. The police said "Ok. we will do our best to catch the thief." Almost two years has passed. They haven't caught the thief.
I guess that the police almost forgot about his case.

PS: the video cleary shows how the thief took his camera bag away. His face can be recongnized easily.
Jun 3, 2012 01:34
You know why Chinese police found that Japanese' bike so quickly? It is an 'international incident'.
Jun 3, 2012 01:45
  • SUNNYDREAM
Lonely, the bike wasn't found by the local police. It was a netizen who bought the bike from a bike repair shop. But the local police asked him to bring the bike to the police station and then held a 'grand ceremony' to return it to its owner.

This was confirmed by that Japanese guy. What a shame! He explained that the local police cared about their face too much. That's why they did their best to seek his car.

I am sorry for what happened to your friend. Anyway, take good care of your belongings when you are on the streets.
Page 2 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Tell me about Shenzhen
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code