Menu
Tell me about Shenzhen
Jun 3, 2012 22:59
  • WANHU
I did make a police report, Lonely. It remained as a report. I was fortunate that an officer from the Malaysian Consulate in GZ came to my rescue. He gave me RMB5000 from his personal savings account. I thanked him for his kindness, which i paid a month later when I visited GZ. He never asked me whether I could pay him back or when I should pay him back. He's not my family member only a friend I used to visit at his office near Linhexi metro station. That's why I said in another post, replying to Sunnydream about Mrs Wang, a friend does sacrifice for his/her friend, and not only among family members.
Wan
Jun 4, 2012 22:03
Sunnydream,

Thanks for your correction. How ironic it is! Even the Japanese knows about 'face'. However, the police station just care about their face in front of their 'international friends'.
Jun 4, 2012 22:35
How come? Wuhan police did their best to find a bike for a Japanese guy. Why couldn’t the Shenzhen police get back your money from the thieves? I see, it’s because you didn’t tell the media what happened to you. If so, the Shenzhen police might have done their best to get back your money because they also care about their face.

How nice the consulate officer is! He reminds me of a Chinese girl. She is lost her wallet and credit card when she arrived in Athens on May 28. Luckily, her passport wasn’t stolen. Then she called the Chinese embassy in Athens for help. To her dismay, she received no help from the embassy.

The girl had no other ways but posted message on Weibo.com. She hoped that someone might notice her message and give a hand to her. 12 hours later, she received some money from the Huawei’s office in Athens. (Wan, I think you know Huawei, right? It is a famous corp in China.)

"She called us but didn’t come. My colleague told her that she should contact her family first and ask them to wire some money to her. By the way, the embassy is not allowed to lend money to those Chinese citizens who lost their money.“, according to an officer of the Chinese embassy in Athens.

No doubt, the girl was very disappointed at Chinese embassy in Athens. So do I. How could they be so cold-hearted?

Compared with the embassy, Huawei is warm-hearted.
Jun 5, 2012 01:32
  • WANHU
Lonely, it happened in GZ not SZ.
Most credit card companies will replace the lost card within 48 hours.
Huawei is an established telecommunication company now. I know some Malaysians are working with Huawei in SZ.
Wan
Jun 7, 2012 01:53
Sorry for my mistake, Wan.

Yes, she can report her loss of her credit card immediately. But the bank won't do it for free. It usually charges CNY 20-50.

My point is "Huawei did a better job than Chinese embassy in Athens. It is a shame that the embassy didn't give a hand to her."

If I really have a chance to travel abroad, my first thing is to keep my passport and credit cards very safe.
Jun 7, 2012 06:10
  • WANHU
I have the experience of losing a charge card, but I wasn't charged for the replacement. I received the card within 24-hr after I reported, sent to my hotel room.
Wan
Jun 20, 2012 20:46
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I have the experience of losing a charge card, but I wasn't charged for the replacement. I received the card within 24-hr after I reported, sent to my hotel room.
Wan

Where did you lose it? at the hotel? You know that some thieves are very kind. They steal your wallet, take away the money and then send your wallet back to you.
Jun 21, 2012 00:42
  • WANHU
No lonely, it's the charge card company hat sne the replacement card to me -- and without charge. Actually I bought something not far from the Waverly Train station but forgot to where I put it. I did inquire from the shop but she said she gave me back the card after the transaction.
Wan
Jun 21, 2012 16:29
  • WANHU
Not many business establishments in Shenzhen and Guangzhou accept credit cards except those produced by its local banks. But I never face this problem in Hong Kong.
Wan
Jun 24, 2012 02:58
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

No lonely, it's the charge card company hat sne the replacement card to me -- and without charge. Actually I bought something not far from the Waverly Train station but forgot to where I put it. I did inquire from the shop but she said she gave me back the card after the transaction.
Wan

Chinese banks charge you a certain amount of money when you report the loss of your credit card. The cost differs from bank to bank. But they will issue a new credit card to you for free. But it is free if you ask the bank to freeze your credit card for 24 to 72 hours.

Thus, it's better to freeze your credit card first. If you can not find it in 3 days and then you can report the loss to your bank.
Page 3 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Tell me about Shenzhen
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code