Menu
Why do we kill each other in the name of God?
Sep 24, 2008 22:18
  • DODGER
His existence will never be proven but I miss Sundays.
I was leaving my apartment last Sunday morning to go on my morning run when I heard voices singing. I stopped to listen. There was a gathering near by and they were singing a hymn.
Silly nostalgia maybe, but I found myself humming it for the rest of the day.
There is no Sunday in China.
I miss Sundays.
Dodger.

Sep 24, 2008 22:26
  • JCNILE123
There are, a 2% minorities in this beautiful earth of ours that are no able to listen it; all they can do is perceive sounds.
Sep 24, 2008 23:15
GUEST60198 Having looked at a few of your posts, "Baron" ;), it's obvious that you seem to be obsessed with criticising just about everyone & everything, and in particular, anything associated with the United States. Seriously, perhaps you should talk to, oh, let's just say, a health professional(?) about this problem. I have the feeling that I'm not the only person who thinks you might be more than just the "typical" (to use your favourite term) malcontent that you seem to be.
Sep 25, 2008 02:16
  • DODGER
Guest60198, you would need to have some background on the Barron to understand why he appears to come across a little differently in his humour and views on the World than the rest of us.
Picture this: an upper middle class upbringing, sent off, packed off to a posh Public school (read private) at the age of seven.
Relentlessly bullied by his pear group and most likely molested by the school Chaplin after Matins every Sunday.
I would guess that he failed to make the school cricket team or the 1st XV.
Add to that his parents probably failed to attend his graduation, choosing to send the driver (James) and the Roller instead.
As the second Son he also failed to inherit the Manor and now receives a small monthly stipend to stay away.
Who wouldn’t be a little bitter and twisted?
There but for the grace of God go us.
Dodger.

Sep 25, 2008 03:08
  • BARONTWANGLE
Dodger - you should write my biography! I reckon you'll do a great job.

Anyway, getting back to the original point - if you want to see God at work - http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/
Welsh-Reverend-Richard-Hart-Sentenced-For-
Making-And-Possessing-Indecent-Images-Of-Children/Article/200809415106750?lpos=UK_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_
1&lid=ARTICLE_15106750_Welsh_Reverend_Richard_Hart
_Sentenced_For_Making_And_Possessing_Indecent
_Images_Of_Children

Sep 25, 2008 03:45
  • DODGER
Barron that only underlines the fact that pedophiles have infiltrated the priesthood. A fact already well known
You’ll find them in the Boy Scouts and the YMCA as well. You’ll find them in schools.
Not all answers can be found in a mathematical equation.
Certainly, some people feel the need to have invisible friends. If that gives them some peace of mind and helps them in any way it can’ be such a bad thing.
Dodger.
Sep 25, 2008 09:25
  • JCNILE123
How interesting, perhaps GUEST60198 just open a window into a mortify soul that is in deep need of medical help before it lands on the streets of Guangzhou in a splash of waste.

Sorry cleaning crew...Y’all must clean up after the long yearn for, spectacle to come.

After all: the entire world will be a better safer place to be, one at the time...

Certainly, we will miss his outbursts of pathological twisted behavior.
Sep 25, 2008 09:55
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Aww... turns out somebody just needs a hug. Let's give him a hug then. Just back off from his neck. My hands will be hugging his neck. :P
Sep 25, 2008 13:52
  • SETH
Hmmmmmm... interesting turn of events in this thread, wouldn't you say? I simply wondered why we kill each other in the name of God, and here we are, attacking each other in God's name! How sad.

I had read somewhere the concept of God as the center of a large many-spoked wheel, where each spoke was another path to find God. If God made so many different kinds of things (animals, minerals, vegetables, combative thread-participants, etc.), maybe God gave us many paths to follow, if we so choose?

Still, given our right to agree or disagree within a thread here, don't you find it strange that a lot of times we get cranky and start attacking each other? And I don't exclude myself from it either, since I've taken shots at Blueyankee a time or two.
Sep 25, 2008 14:03
  • CARLOS
Seth,
greed is an endless recource of human nature. People are greed and stupid. They want more power and wealth and use what ever they can to have it. Religion goes well then. But they don´t see that sooner or later it will be their own head that rolls on ground.
I think it was Isaac Asimov who did write a book named "Gods themselves are powerless in front of stupidity" ( word-to-word translate from finnish name of book) ( Sorry, Baron, not very good English, I think, but I still will continue commenting here )

Carlos

Page 3 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why do we kill each other in the name of God?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code