Menu
How long does it take to forget first love?
Oct 22, 2008 10:52
  • SETH
Hi Coolsprings - your question would be best answered under the thread in economy that asks "Has Capitalism Failed?" I hope you don't mind if I answer it in that thread.

Thanks.
Oct 22, 2008 21:57
  • COOLSPRINGS
Sorry guys, please move my posts to Capitalism Head. These days, experts predicates that corp. programs for downsizing will be implemented soon based on int. rate cut, low oil price, gov accounts running deficit, ect. I am a little bit nevous...hehe

So Siva and Christine, please address my unrelated posts here to Capitalism Head. Thank you.

Seth, tomorrow I am gonna digest your post. Bye.
Oct 23, 2008 08:15
GUEST73772 i'm in the same situation right now......I dated this guy for about two months but it was more like a fling because we both knew it would end soon because he was going away to travel. I admit I knew it before we started but i thought i will be fine problem is i fell in love and then he went away....it hurt and it still hurts, i've tried to blush it off hoping the feelings will subside and eventually disappear but they havent changed actually they are just getting stronger. I go on his facebook page evry single day, he emails me like once o month or in two months, i think he has forgotten me or he actually doesn't feel anything for me and i keep telling myself that if i know that why do i still hope, i'm i just torturing myself?....i have tried to let go, i have tried but it's so hard, why should it be this hard? why can't i stop, why can't the feelings disappear? I'm trying to write ten reasons why i should forget him but so far i have 5 half way to go....anyone out there with any suggestions i really need them i hate feeling like this, i want to be free!!!!
Oct 25, 2008 21:31
  • SUNNYDREAM
GUEST73772,
I forget who said it, but it may help: " The best way to forget someone is to fall in love with someone else. "

Shesgottobe posted the song When Love Is Gone and I cited again to dedicate it to you

When love is gone
i always get the feeling i can't go on
i find myself dreaming of days that couldn't end
and all things we never said, oh oh

when love is gone
will i ever be the same
well i don't want chasing heartaches
and learn to face the day
when i have done what i must do
oh, i'll remember you
Oct 29, 2008 10:19
GUEST96238 Your question desorves an ansor. It might helpp if U know what lovi is. huw ken u fer get a mon u lived.
Nov 2, 2008 22:20
GUESTWISE It does help IF you know what 'love' is.... i would prefer the word 'relationship' rather than love. If your relationship is a meaningful one based on mutual respect, trust, duty and honor, perhaps 'love' was the glue; if not, it is only a girl-boy relationship. But as to your question, one goes on with life after a breakup of a relationship and there is no time factor involved for developing the next one. For love to fester, both you and the partner need to be genuinely sincere in your hearts, before love finds its way into the relationship; if not, it is only a male-female relationship - not love.
Nov 7, 2008 13:31
GUEST33137 Hello Everyone,
I am very new to this forum and in a hope that I will find someone who can really help me to come out of the situation I am in, want to share my feelings.
I am in a relationship for last 5 years.We hv seen so many ups and downs and i love this girl a lot.Jst after two years of our relationship,she started lying to me, she was going around with someone else and she kept me in a dilemma. She slept with someone else and after a while i decided to forgive her and which i did. She had so many friends which i never complaint about but these days she is going around with someone else again and the clarification which i always get is "she loves me"........I don't know why but i am really possessive about her and love her a lot from the bottom of my heart. A single thought of losing her is like a death, and i am very tensed,frustrated and don't want to loose her. But sometimes i think that she is using me like anything and now i have decided finally to come out of this. I want to forget her completely. I want to clean up all her memories and thoughts, i don't want to think about her for a single second. I want to go away from her life and memories which i am unable to do. Kindy help me in this situation otherwise i will die thinking of her.
Nov 7, 2008 22:36
  • COOLSPRINGS
GUEST33137

It’s a beautiful Chinese song for remains of memory of everything joyful that has gone and will be gone in short and hard life. So cherish today and yourself and move on…

song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2QJV5TEPVo&feature=related

Ge Wei Yang (歌未央) by Echo

I hear the music with your heart’s passion for flying
Who is singing that familiar song WeiYang
The WeiYan lights have gone out
and crowds have gone far apart from another
Thoughts continue to struggle
I am entangled with the waves
Occasionally parked in your heart
Do not let steps slow down
Can only be in a hurry
All of sudden have crossed the ocean
The memory of the joy and forgotten period of time
Slowly emerging in my mind
But it is only the slience of the slient
When looking back from time to time …
Nov 9, 2008 21:38
  • SUNNYDREAM
GUEST33137, you sound a good man. Maybe, you are too nice to her. Most of the male colleagues around me say they would never forgive their wives if they slept with other men. Chinese men thought that nothing is more humiliated than being put on a green hat (带绿帽子)(It refers that a man's wife slept with other man). If I were you, I would let her go. She betrayed your marriage. You have nothing to lose because she is not worthy of your love.
Nov 9, 2008 22:09
  • DODGER
Guest33137, I think, for what ever it is worth that Sunnydream’s advice is the right one to take.
It is my understanding that Women in general; and I could be howled down here, do not sleep with men that they have no emotional attachment to. Men on the other hand can sleep with a woman without too much thought.
If I’m correct, she has already gone.
Many people do not leave a relationship until they have found an alternative to take its place.
So it sounds to me like she’s shopping around.
Go now while you still have some pride and dignity left.
Dodger.
Page 3 of 36    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How long does it take to forget first love?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code