Menu
Poll: How Does the Financial Crisis Affect Your Travel Plan?
Nov 12, 2008 04:35
  • HAMSON
me too. save money pass the cold days
Nov 13, 2008 12:26
GUEST11278 Yes Marrie. you are dead right. I'm a pre baby boomer and its hit me head on, wife (Californian) left (because of money shortage) and took my 9 year old daughter, that alone hit me very hard. plus all my bank cards too,
My pension has totally died.
I'm still taking this trip come h£ll or high water, what followes I just do not care any more. I just have to see China and hope I get some sort of inspiration from the visit, may get lost (or even find a job) in some airport and never return home.
Money problems? I have none!!
Nov 14, 2008 21:36
  • COOLSPRINGS
Guest, if you believe in no permament rice bowl, life will never be passive, on the other hand become meaningful and it also drives you to travel all the way.
Nov 17, 2008 16:44
  • FIFTYPOUNDER
Yes i would echo Davec,not about the whole world going down as i do not want to be so gloomy but certainly the £ is rerally losing strength. In April 2008 i was getting around 13:1 rmb to £ but i can see when i go to beijing in december i will only get around 9.1:1 rmb to £ !!! ANd it will probably fall again before then,i really should change up my holiday money now i think. I have a £550 fiance visa to buy in the local currency that is getting more and more expensive by the day.
Today on the radio (here in the uk) at work i even heard someone has started a move to join the euro whatever good that would do i am not so sure.
Nov 19, 2008 00:28
  • MICECHOW
yap~ maybe just affect me a little~because my plan maybe will come true just after the Financial Crisis ~~haha~~
Nov 20, 2008 04:35
  • MARSHALL
Yeah investing at the right times is important.It must be okay,if you dont lose it all or even half.One time,it was nice being at the top,but it all came tumbling down.
Its one way of looking at it.Its a small problem for some people,who can maintain their health,and savings. Yet,it was the time to begin over,and just never quite
made it back to the world of plenty.

Nov 20, 2008 20:18
  • CHINAGUY
The financial crisis affect the most of people`s trip .we all hope to the crisis will be over soon .

Nov 21, 2008 09:45
  • ROB04216
The tickets for my trip to China in Feb. are bought and paid for, so of course I will be going. If they were not I might reconsider, and I may feel the need to scale back my plans for what I will do once there.
Dec 10, 2008 03:45
GUESTJADE It hasn't put off my plans, the only thing that made me think twice was hearing about the labour dispute riots in China. Now I'm pretty sure it's nothing to be concerned about - but can anyone confirm? Would anyone put off a trip to China because of the possibility of civil unrest during your stay (if economic situation deteriorates further, that is)?
I'm planning on a volunteer work stint in teaching, if that means anything.

Cheers
Dec 22, 2008 17:03
  • FIFTYPOUNDER
hey chinaguy,i totally agree with that sentiment. There are going to be so many job losses in the coming year (here in the uk),already two major national shop chains have announced their closures due to bankruptcy. Many thousands of people out of work for the new year. I really hope that it will be over soon. I think if anyone is still travelling then they should just consider themself to be fortunate as i do :-)

. hey guestjade,what part of china were the disputes taking place in?
Page 5 of 10    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Poll: How Does the Financial Crisis Affect Your Travel Plan?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code