Menu
Poll: How Does the Financial Crisis Affect Your Travel Plan?
Dec 27, 2008 03:08
  • CSK001
Hi,
I, totally agree with you. This ongoing recession has struck all the development project in the USA. Huge amount of cost cutting is taking place and laying off is also quite prevalent at this point of time.

CSK
Jan 7, 2009 00:11
Sure, I have been hit. I had two houses which were easily rented for 13 years in the USA. Now, they are standing empty because there are much nicer homes that were before very expensive, now being offered at any price, just to keep someone with good credit in them.

Also, it is harder to re-finance existing loans or to get new ones. I could go on, stock values are way down, but, I do not want the overall tone of this to be negative. Its bad, it might get worse, but, by the second quarter of 2009 I hope we will see a turn around.

For those with enough cash, if your job is stable, now is a great time to buy real estate or invest in the right stocks. When the market is down, those with cash have the potential to make a profit...
Jan 16, 2009 01:58
  • JIMMYTAN
The financial crisis is causing us to cut down our travel budget by 50%. Travel to China is much reduced.
Feb 21, 2009 17:53
  • SHUBH
No doubt, every body is hit by present economic recession. But, there are many ways with which one may manage holiday tour within reduced or limited budget. Flying with cheap air tickets, staying at all inclusive low cost hostels, by cutting short tour period and taking some home made foods for two three days etc are some steps to cut down touring cost.

Apr 2, 2009 06:26
  • SHUBH
Yes, it affected a little. But I devised new ways to cop-up the stresses:
Cut short the duration
Select less expensive destinations
Stay in lodges or in rental apartments
Apr 6, 2009 04:25
  • ASHUIASHUI
i have no money before,so now
Apr 9, 2009 00:10
GUEST11427
Quote:

Originally Posted by JOSHIRV57

I would try to avert any crisis before I would attempt to travel any distance or to another country.

good
Apr 10, 2009 19:34
  • SHUBH
Yes, it effects tour planning but not much seriously. I have started to cut short the duration of the tour, selecting nearby places, booking low budget rental accommodation etc.
Apr 14, 2009 08:23
  • PAGANBOY
I had been planning to visit China and considered even buying property there. But the pigs at wall street caused the loss of my job and set me back by USD 400K. Now i find myself visiting Chinese websites and writing bitter comments. and Chinese girls in qipao are just a fantasy.
Apr 15, 2009 10:51
  • BEIJING85
I think it's a really good question...I think it effects me a little bit..

Page 6 of 10    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Poll: How Does the Financial Crisis Affect Your Travel Plan?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code