Menu
Effects of the One-Child Policy
Nov 11, 2009 14:06
GUEST94150 I totally disargee with the one child policy here are some cons

- They kill or abandon the child if it is a girl ; boys are more important so they kill or abandon their daughters until they have a son
- Religious reasons; in some religions it is not permitted to kill people (through abortion)
- MOST OF THE TIMES the one and only child is spoiled; they're parents put too much love in them
- the female and male ratio will be unbalanced; when there are no more women, there will be no more children!
- Abortions; it is very VERY unhealthy for a pregant woman to have an abortion (they become weaker)
- the kids become lonely; since they dont have siblings to kid around with they become lonely and use the interent or mobile phones (addiction)
- no more uncles and aunts!
- also once the population goes down, they're probably gonna diminish the one child policy and go back to normal; then they're gonna do it again
Nov 17, 2009 06:00
GUEST32133 i definately agree with the 1 child rule. without it, the world's population would be too big to handle. It's starting to be an age where we as people have to give up some things in order to save this earth from extinction.
Nov 18, 2009 00:39
  • HERBEAT
To me, the most important thing is to be happy in the relationship. And the policy? just ignore it... -D
Nov 18, 2009 22:12
Quote:

Originally Posted by HERBEAT

To me, the most important thing is to be happy in the relationship. And the policy? just ignore it... -D

Well, happiness is important but we can't indulge ourselves. Some people love kids very much so that they want more. One problem they should know is that whether they could afford to raise them.
Nov 18, 2009 22:30
  • HERBEAT
Well, people have different values....
Nov 19, 2009 20:43
Quote:

Originally Posted by HERBEAT

Well, people have different values....

Agreed.
Jan 10, 2010 06:24
GUEST54120 for child policy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Feb 26, 2010 05:43
GUEST16106 Personally I think the one child rule is beneficial, food shortage and controlling the population are just a few. While others may see it as barbaric to kill off "extra" babies, couldn't it be as simple as not trying? There are exceptions to this law as well, if you have twins you are able to keep both and if you have a girl you can apply for a permit to have a boy. Although if the chinese rule the world that wouldn;t be too bad. And besides you can have more than one child if you move to the country side and this law only applies to those of Han which, although not making much of a difference, account for 90% of china's population while the other 10% can get as horny as they want
Feb 27, 2010 02:46
  • DREAMLIFE
I guess that many parents in China won't have the second child again. Raising a child is very expensive. A new word has been made, that is, "Child Slave". It is similar to House Slaves. My colleague told me that he wouldn't have a baby because it is too expensive to raise a child.
Mar 1, 2010 05:33
GUESTJARLEY ... I agree with the one child policy because this will insure the future of the children.I cry for those childrens who has no homes,no parent,can't eat enough food,and working with their young bodies.I dont want to see another batch of this children
Page 2 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Effects of the One-Child Policy
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code