Menu
Effects of the One-Child Policy
Apr 7, 2010 16:34
GUEST95949 i hate the policy the families kill their 1st child if it isnt a boy
Apr 7, 2010 19:48
GUESTJJ Of course,the one-child policy affects youth. I am lucky that I have a brother that I can share my story with, especially, my “little trouble”. He is very kind to me. I know that those families with one child often result in indifference or misunderstanding between the child and his parents. Most of these children have possibility to be lonely in spirit. I agree what the report said above.
And I see that the policy is not going well in countryside of China. If the first child is not a boy, the family will try to give birth to another one.
Apr 9, 2010 07:19
GUESTSEXYGEO... I think that the policy is a good idea but with lots of bad points. I think that it is good because china have 20% of the world population and it is rapidly increasing. The one-child policy is a good way of reduceing that amount of people , this is working because it used to be the tradition many years before this started that a couple would have 6,7, or even 8 children.

The bad points are that Chinese are known for spoiling there children and now because they will only have one child each they are spoiling them more now then every before. Since they are the one and only child in their family, they will grow up lacking the ability to work with others, despite performing well individually. Also china are going to have to deal with more elderly people then every before. Chinese tradition requires that the children take care of their parents when the parents reach an elderly age and are no longer able to take care of themselves. This will add stress on there children who will have to take care of parents alone with no help from a sibling. This may cause a disruption in the later in the one-child policy.
Apr 26, 2010 19:15
GUEST12129 I really disagree with the one-child policy. I don't like people getting killed in abortion. Imagine if you could only have one kid. If you got pregnant again, they would force you to end a human's life that was just beginning!
May 20, 2010 15:06
GUEST01645 yeah ur right about that
i agree with u that if we don't balance our population we will be just the same as those animals so i feel u!! hun!
and P.S. ur kinda HOT
May 28, 2010 02:58
GUEST16510 Germany and Japan comes to mind....they do not have enough children to support their old. Now what happens to all those men when they are all grown up and in need of a wife to start a family? I have also experinced first hand on tantrums thrown by these little "emperors" on different inner China flights and they are the future of China. One child policy has more cons than pros.
May 29, 2010 22:28
GUESTNANCY I agree, what the upstair said is right. Although China is in a large popularity, Howthey stand if things happend to those one child familes and sad to lose the only one child. Something unexpected may happen any time. Will anyone can help with such poor parents...?
Jul 20, 2010 10:55
GUEST15218 I'm Chinese American and had the opportunity to teach for almost a year in China and so, is that why they are SO RUDE? My dad was born in Hong Kong. I think I will now officially displace myself from Mainland all together.

Most of them are rude, cut in every single line imagineable, the public peeing and spitting is gross, etc.
With all that said, I did receive some nice lip service from some of the students. I guess native Chinese treat yuo well when they know you. Otherwise, BEWARE because China really needs to friggin learn some manners and to think, I blamed it on their HUGE population. They are just RUDE especially against Western standards and heck, they are ruder than Koreans and Japanese.
Oct 27, 2010 19:03
GUESTMAO ZEDONG One Child Policy:

Non population related benefits.
Impact on health care
It is reported that the focus of China on population control helps provide a better health service for women and a reduction in the risks of death and injury associated with pregnancy. At family planning offices, women receive free contraception and pre-natal classes. Help is provided for pregnant women to closely monitor their health. In various places in China, the government rolled out a ‘Care for Girls’ program, which aims at eliminating cultural discrimination against girls in rural and underdeveloped areas through subsidies and education.

Increased savings rate
The individual savings rate has increased since the one-child policy was introduced. This has been partially attributed to the policy in two respects. First, the average Chinese household expends fewer resources, both in terms of time and money, on children, which gives many Chinese more money with which to invest. Second, since young Chinese can no longer rely on children to care for them in their old age, there is an impetus to save money for the future.

Economic growth
The original intent of the one-child policy was economic, to reduce the demand of natural resources, maintaining a steady labour rate, reducing unemployment caused from surplus labour, and reducing the rate of exploitation. The CPC's justification for this policy was based on their support of Mao Zedong's supposedly Marxist theory of population growth, though Marx was actually witheringly critical of Malthusianism.

Thats what I think of it.
Nov 7, 2010 19:26
GUEST19947 I would agree with the one child rule, but only if the people of china were educated on how to raise an only child with a sense of kindness to others. Also, a stricter policy on abortions and the death sentence if you're caught killing an innocent baby!
Page 3 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Effects of the One-Child Policy
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code