Menu
Do you have some websites to download English movies for free?
Oct 29, 2008 21:00
  • HELLOKITTY
Hi there,

I am a movie-goer. I am particularly interested in English movies. I like the old classic movies, and I am a big fan of Marilyn Monroe. I often download movies from websites. In China, we have a website www.xunlei.com providing a large collection of movies for free. Do you have some good websites to download movies without charge? Can you share them with me? I can not find some old English movies in the Chinese website xunlei.com. Where can I download Monroe’s movies like How To Marry a Millionaire? Gentlemen Prefers Blondes? Thank you!
Oct 30, 2008 15:51
  • DAVEC
How about you stop downloading and breaking every copyright law there is in the world and actually go out and buy some.
Nov 3, 2008 20:56
  • HELLOKITTY
DAVEC, you thought it was my fault for the copyright law infringement? Are you kidding? I downloaded the movies from the websites. As a consumer, I got it from the internet. It was not my fault. By the way, do you know how expensive the copyright movies are in China. I had the partiality for movies. I couldn't afford the copyright DVDs. Do you mean that I am poor so I should not watch movies?
Nov 4, 2008 12:23
  • CARLOS
Kitty, I did not read that poor thing between the lines in Dave´s answer. However, being excessive realist I would answer your question yes. People should buy what they can afford. Surely you don´t think if you want a new tv but can´t afford it that ok, think I´ll steal one tomorrow.

I must admit your annoyment kinda annoyed me. I think there are 1, 2, many people in China. How many do you think are poor there? So poor that can´t afford to buy DVD? How do you define poor? You have a computer and internet connection. All other poor people in China have them too?

Many people have pirate Windows and they download illegally music and movies. I understand them, however I don´t accept that. I might say it is quite arrogant to ask in public people to help to steal.

I am not an angel, I think not many people are, but, hey, please, draw some line.

Carlos
Nov 4, 2008 18:59
  • WANHU
Here we have two sides of a coin, one about the pleasure of watching free movies while the other talks about infringement of intelligent property. In China it seems (probably not) copyright law doesn't exist where there are lots of imitation and fake goods on sales. If it ever exists, then there is no enforcement, as many da sha are selling them rampantly. One time, at Nanfang da sha in Guangzhou, enforcement officers went through the many stalls, and the sellers just needed to stow away their merchandise under the counter, and no actions were taken. Don't these officers know,say the selling of Nokia fake products?

Out of honesty, Kitty thinks that as she has downloaded movies from the internet before, and easily accessible without hindrance, probably IP or Copyright law allows that for private viewing. Perhaps someone could start a thread about its pros and cons.

Wan
Nov 4, 2008 19:33
  • HELLOKITTY
Carlos, "However, being excessive realist I would answer your question yes. People should buy what they can afford. " Your words sound a political rhetoric to me and kinda arrogant. I assume that you are richer than me. Of course, I am not so desperately poor that I can't affor to buy 1 or 2 DVD? The key question is I am interested in movies. I want to see a large collection of movies. To tell you the truth, I am still an undergraduate and I don't make money by myself. I wouldn't use the living cost that my parents give to me to buy as many expensive DVDs as possible.

"How do you define poor? You have a computer and internet connection. All other poor people in China have them too?"

You are right. I have a computer and internet connection. Nevertheless, how much do they cost, do you know? The computer is secondhand and very cheap. The internet connection is for free, provided by the campus network. I don't want to discuss the definition of poverty. The internet can provide such a large amount of resources. Why shouldn't I make the most of them? It is a generally accepted pratice to download materials in China. I asked for help. You have the right not to give a helping hand.
" I am not an angel" No, you are not. You are a tiger.
Nov 4, 2008 23:03
  • GARYKINKADE
I've downloaded movies from the tv channels numerous times and don't have too much of a guilty feeling about it, whether there is a copyright law or not.
Nov 5, 2008 12:47
  • CARLOS
"The key question is I am interested in movies."
Ok, Kitty, my apologies.

Peace?

Carlos

Nov 6, 2008 03:47
  • DODGER
Kitty, I have no idea what website to go to to download free movies, most of them seem to be a trap of some sort.
I do however have a collection of a few hundred DVD’s most with a choice of Chinese words or sub titles.
If you are in Beijing you're more than welcome to borrow some.
And no, this is not a pickup line.
Cheers, Dodger.
Nov 9, 2008 21:48
  • HELLOKITTY
Thank you, Dodger. I lived in northwest China. Do you know where I can buy the old English movies in China like "How To Marry a Millionaire" " Gentlemen Prefers Blondes" and "An Affair to Remember"? After I get a job to make some money on my own after graduation, I will try to save on to buysome DVDs. I haven't found DVDs about the old movies available in the bookstores at my town.
Nov 9, 2008 22:20
  • DODGER
Kitty, there’s a major book store in Beijing that has most of those titles that you are after.
I was in there just the other day and noticed that they had all of Munro’s movies.
I don’t know if they do mail order though.
Let me know if I can help?
Cheers, Dodger.
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you have some websites to download English movies for free?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code