Menu
L-Visa to Z- Visa
Feb 28, 2011 02:14
GUEST80167 Hi Everyone,

Thank you all so much for your valuable information here. May I please ask for some clarification on one point.

I have employment secured. The school is in the process of completing all of their end of the process. They will be providing me with all of the documentation needed to get a Z visa.

I want to travel to China ahead of time on a tourist visa to do some relaxing in my wife's home town and to get my daughter settled in.

Can anyone confirm 100% that yes, given I have all the paperwork ready, I can DEFINITELY fly to Hongkong for a week and do the transfer up to the Z visa there?

Also, what would I need to do with my daugher? She will be just over 2 years old at that stage.

Thanks so much for your help. If you could email me on gmail.com|piers888 that would be brilliant but I will check back here to replies.

Thanks again :D
Mar 3, 2011 21:13
GUESTBLUELADY hello,

is there anybody who can help me with my problem, i want to know the steps in applying for working visa my friend came here with L visa and he have an employer but they don't know how and what are the steps in processing this working visa, please tell me step by step and where do i nee to go...

Thank you very much...

bluelady
Mar 4, 2011 01:07
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTBLUELADY View Post

hello,

is there anybody who can help me with my problem, i want to know the steps in applying for working visa my friend came here with L visa and he have an employer but they don't know how and what are the steps in processing this working visa, please tell me step by step and where do i nee to go...

Thank you very much...
<...

maybe this will be helpful to you: http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/work.htm
Mar 4, 2011 06:42
  • APAULT
GUEST80167: I think I can guarantee that you will run into problems (based on personal experience and knowledge of others). You should get your visa sorted out in your hjome country if at all possible. I am not sure if it is possible to et the Z visa in HK at all at present but if it is the paperwork has to be prepared for making the application in HK. I think your daughter will be granted a Z visa too. But your employer can clarify even if they have to ask! If they refuse to do such things, get another employer!!
Mar 18, 2011 01:33
  • FRANKLUCAS
Hi,
If your school is in Beijing,our agent can help you.
And also you don't need go to HK to convert your L visa to Z visa.

Mar 18, 2011 01:35
  • FRANKLUCAS
There are four steps to apply work visa:

Step-1) Apply for "working license”:---it will take 11 working days;

Step-2) Apply for Z visa
If you don't want to leave the Mainland, then we could convert L/F visa to Z visa in the Mainland:

Step-3)“work permit”:
---it will take 5 working days, means 1 week;

Step-4)“Residence Permit”:
---It means extend your Work Visa or Residence Permit which is been done in Step 2 to a "12-month valid Residence Permit";
--it will take 5-10 working days.
Jun 17, 2011 23:47
GUEST98676 need help,me and my daughter is in china right now thru L visa bc my husband work here he had Z visa, our Lvisa will expire soon we already extend it for 3mos.now can we still extend it for 1more month or can we change it to Z visa? we are married in hongkong last year.my husband is american citizen and im pilipina .

Jun 18, 2011 03:47
  • HELPER
You can try to extend your L visa for another 3 months, but you can't change it into Z visa, you can go to Hong Kong or return to Philippines to apply for a work visa as dependent, please refer to http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa-application-philippines.htm to read the requirements.
Jun 21, 2011 07:59
GUEST25252 hi

i am wondering if someone can shed some light on this visa issue.

i am meeting my girlfriend in china (guangzhou) on the 17th of july. she holds i philipino passoprt and will be travelling from manila. is it easy for her to get? there is a point where it says that she will need a bank statement and a round ticket and hotels bookings

i will be covering her costs and i will be booking the hotels from the uk will a copy of this suffice?

any help on this issue would be greatly appriciated
Jun 22, 2011 20:44
  • OLIVETREE
It is not easy for your Filipino girlfriend to get a visa to China if she has never been to China. For first time applicants to China (Philippine passport holders, 18 years old and above), they are required to provide the following:
a) original NBI clearance valid for travel abroad
b) original bank certificate with receipt or original passbook, updated within the month that you are applying or....
- If an individual will sponsor the trip, provide his bank certificate, sponsorship and invitation letter, copy of sponsor's valid residence visa and passport information page or Chinese national ID. Do you work or reside in Guangzhou, if not, you can't be her sponsor.

c) for employed persons, also provide an employment certificate, company ID, SSS ID and contributions, TIN ID and latest ITR
d) for students, provide school ID
e) for businessmen, provide business registration of company, TIN ID and latest ITR
f) Personal appearance is required for those who are 16-21 years old.

A copy of the round-trip plane ticket of hotel bookings are required, you can book the hotels from UK, but the name of booker should be her name.
Page 4 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: L-Visa to Z- Visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code