No seats for the elderly, no driving?
Dec 12, 2008 00:46
  • CHERRY07
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 5 vote(s)
  2. 1 vote(s)
  3. 0 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Beijing has issued new regulations about the public buses: The driver can't drive the bus before the elderly on the bus find a seat. Besides, the seats on the bus for the elderly, infirm, sick, disabled and pregnant only should at least take 10 percent of the total. Any buses that don't meet the requirement should add more seats. By the way, "Green passage" for the elderly should be set at the bus station. When the bus arrvies at the station, the elderly, infirm, sick, disabled and pregnant people first get on the bus. Then other guys can get on.

What do you think of this rule?
Dec 12, 2008 04:29
  • DODGER
Great idea.
Dodger.
Dec 12, 2008 07:20
  • CARLOS
This is a good idea indeed.

Carlos
Dec 12, 2008 09:44
  • APAULT
This is an excellent idea but it should not apply in peak times: those who do not work should be kept away from peak time travel as they haave all day to travel.
Dec 12, 2008 11:40
  • CARLOS
Heh, and old people and people who donĀ“t work should do their shopping in time others are at work.

Carlos
Dec 12, 2008 16:48
  • WANHU
Many commuters still do not offer their seats to pregnant ladies, etc. Besides introducing regulations, the people should be educated and taught to give priority to the elderly, invalids, etc.

Wan
Dec 12, 2008 20:18
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I agree. Enough said.
Dec 12, 2008 20:29
  • KEVIN0518
No seats for the elderly, no driving?

Usually, there are two scenarios: First, the elderly go to their seats very slowly because they are old. Second, there is no seats for them because their seats have been taken by others. As I observe, the second scenario happens a lot in reality. When a bus arrives at the station, usually those young guys get on very quickly. When the older people get on the bus, all seats have been taken by others. How pathetic it is! Now we need set rules to ensure that all the old people can get their seats on the bus.
Dec 14, 2008 21:28
  • JIMMYB
When the bus arrvies at the station, the elderly, infirm, sick, disabled and pregnant people first get on the bus. Then other guys can get on.

I doubt if it will work well. I see many young guys rush into the bus when it arrives. They never care about others. Some guys even throw their bags in the bus to get a seat.
Dec 16, 2008 05:11
  • GAFFER
In my experience peak time buses are so packed the driver would not be able to see who was pregnant or elderly, or if they are seated or standing, so the bus may never move. Can you imagine waiting 10 minutes at every bus stop while he fights his way to the back of the bus to check?
Dec 16, 2008 21:18
  • JIMMYB
Some people even sneak into the bus without the ticket. I watched a report which said that the driver got off the bus and refused to drive because a guy didn't buy the ticket. Then a female passenger took the driver's place to driver the bus. When the bus arrived the station, she got off and left the bus there. I really admired that girl. How could she drive the public bus?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: No seats for the elderly, no driving?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code