Menu
Can you understand those Chinese slangs?
Dec 17, 2008 03:27
  • ZOEY
“饭不?”“嫑…”“为啥米这么槑捏这位童鞋,又有啥米人雷到你啦?”“木有哇,偶这几天就素觉滴很累…囧…”

Can you understand what they mean? These are what those young guys speak on the internet.

No.1 "饭不?" Fan 4 Bu? It should be "吃饭去不?", meaning "Do you wanna dine with us?"
No.2 "嫑" equals to ”不要(Bu 2 Yao 4)". Here it means"不想去(Bu 4 Xiang 3 Qu 4)". In English, it refers to "I don't wanna dine out."
No.3 "为啥米这么槑捏这位童鞋,又有啥米人雷到你啦?"

米 means 你 (you). 槑 refers to 呆 (Dai 1). 童鞋 (Tong 2 Xie 2). Originally, it means “child's shoes". Here it equals to 同学 (Tong 2 Xue 2, classmate). 雷 (Lei 2 Thunder) means "surprises sb" or "make sb uncomfortable". For example, you can say "这真雷人" It really surprises me!

So we can say it in this way "这位同学,为什么你这么呆呢,又有什么人让你觉得不舒服了么?In English, "What is making you dull? Is there something that makes you uncomfortable?"

No.4 “木有哇,偶这几天就素觉滴很累…囧…”

木有 equals to 没有 (Mei 2 You 3). 偶 means I. We can say "没有啦,我这几天就是觉得很累。” In English, "No, I have been feeling tired these days."

Do you remember "囧"? It means "feeling not good or sad." Just have a look at the following picture.

Dec 20, 2008 03:35
  • BBQQ
Zoey, these Chinese slangs are very 雷人, hehe. By the way, 雷人 and 囧事 can be made up together as an ldiom 雷人囧事. This is my thought.
Dec 24, 2008 11:58
oh, my god,

THIS WORD,is birth at after 1980,

in www.tianya.cn is many people like this,often user this word 雷 囧(jiong)素 偶 。。。。is very many word,

but ,we zoey is know means,if not chinese,you can teaching chinese for all want learning chinese.
Jul 1, 2009 09:48
GUEST62148 these words are only used by 90's ,not 80's
Jul 2, 2009 09:11
  • WAHAHA111
oh my god...i dun understand those word...are thy '潮語' (popular wordings) used by the youngster in Mainland?
Jul 3, 2009 02:07
月光族 (yuè guāng zú) Moonlight group

Recently, 月光族(yuè guāng zú) has become popular in China. 月光(yuè guāng) actually means "moonlight." But here it has a totally different meaning. 光(guāng) means "running out" here rather than "light." 月光族(yuè guāng zú) refers to a group of people having the following features: They are young, eager to follow the trend and buy fashionable items. They always run out of their salaries at the end of month and hold the principle of "how much earned, how much spent." Thus, they got their special name: 月光族(yuè guāng zú) a group of young people that intend to spend all of their salaries at the end of every month.

e.g. 他很早就成为了月光族的一员。
(tā hěn zăo jiù chéngwéi le yuè guāng zú de yīyuán.)
He joined the moonlight group at an early age.

Learn more Chinese about these? please visit: http://www.echineselearning.com/free-trial/index.html?ecl=ptEEEEEEtr070301,hope I helped you!
Jul 8, 2009 18:41
  • JACK_YU
what you have mentioned were not formal chinese language!
Jul 8, 2009 18:45
  • JACK_YU
If you study formal chinese, it will be easy for you to understand chinese. good luck!
Post a Reply to: Can you understand those Chinese slangs?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code