Menu
Chinese women after american men
Dec 24, 2008 08:14
  • LAKANA
While working in China my husband has started to see a chinese woman. I am heartbroken.
I am wondering how the Chinese culture would view this woman breaking up an american marriage.
We are committed to working on our marriage but won't she want him back when he goes back.
She is not the first woman to approch my husband. Do Chinese women want American men because of money and staability?
Dec 24, 2008 20:28
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Hi! I don't know how to comfort you. But be strong. Life happens. It's not because she is a Chinese. There are women like that everywhere.
Dec 25, 2008 04:15
I'm sorry Lakana but as the saying goes " it takes two to Tango " your husband may have been doing this for some time, I don't mean to sound cruel but I think you need to face facts.
I hope you can be strong for your sake, I know it's hard, good luck anyway.
Alan
Dec 25, 2008 20:53
  • LIZXLI
"Do Chinese women want American men because of money and staability?"
LAKANA

Not every Chinese womam is fond of overseas.
Dec 26, 2008 09:46
  • WANHU
Yes, not every but some did. Like Alan says, it takes two to tango.
Wan
Dec 26, 2008 19:56
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Lanaka,

Seems to me that none of us truly know of your husbands real feelings about either your marriage or with this Chinese lass.

But many men away from home and especially those who come to China alone struggle with this fact. Let's face the facts that the girls here are stunning and can be just as beguiling as girls anywhere. If they speak English then your husband would at first be appreciating the English speaking company..........after that it's up to him.....

Is there no way that you can accompany your husband here in China?????
Dec 26, 2008 20:35
  • SHESGOTTOBE
" it takes two to Tango "

I agree. We cannot just blame the girl. After all, there will be no 'illicit' relationship if both of them didn't agree. If he really loves you, he wouldn't something that he knows would hurt you. Oh, I don't know... but personally, a man like that is not worth fighting for.
Dec 27, 2008 03:12
  • DODGER
Lanaka, can we assume that your husband told you about the “other woman”?
If so, at least that is a start to trying to re-establish mutual trust.
I used to travel to China on business on a regular basis. Many people would think that these trips are all beer and skittles. There aren’t. Lonely nights on a hard bed and long days traveling to strange places and after an eight hour car trip trying to put a deal together.
After the conclusion of business you would be taken to a restaurant and be expected to eat and drink until you can hardly walk.
If you are really lucky, you then get taken to a karaoke bar to drink more and as a guest you would also be expected to sing. Only those who relish public humiliation enjoy this part of the evening.
I almost forgot the dancing girls who get ushered in just after the first verse of “There was a place in New Orleans”
If you decline to choose one you had better have some very good reason for not excepting the Host’s gift.
I took my dearly departed ex on a trip once.
She spent the first night on her knees talking to the big white telephone.
She spent the second night confined to her hotel room with severe diarrhea.
She spent the third night….Ok, I’ll stop there.
She never came on another trip so I never get laid in China.
My advice for what it’s worth is the same as Jabs’; go with him. He would enjoy having his woman with him.
Dodger.
Dec 27, 2008 07:06
  • LAKANA
Thanks to Dodger and Jabs. I will be going back to China with my husband on his request. I think our marriage is worth fighting for and I am not ready to give up. That goes for my husband too. Since I first wrote, we have been talking and we can see some where we went wrong and now will try to right it. I really want to thank you for giving me some insight into what it was like for him there without me. Thanks again.
Dec 27, 2008 13:16
Good for you Lakana, I hope everthing works in your favour.
Alan
Dec 28, 2008 19:16
  • MARRIE
Some Chinese business men spend 3/4 time of a year on biz travel and leave their wives and children at home. That brings high risk to marriage life, which i hear from those wives who don't need to work to support family. So travle with your husband together to get the same view of the world with hime and tighten connection between you and him.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese women after american men
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code