Menu
Prawns + Vitamin C=Poison?
Aug 19, 2011 11:30
GUEST80161 I'm prepared to try it out but how do i get the money when i am dead?
Aug 30, 2011 04:37
GUEST24286 maybe we also have to consider if we are allergic to sea foods....
Dec 8, 2011 09:06
GUEST00147 Shrimp does not turn to asernic when combined with vitamin C tablest/suplement. Arsenic is a basic element, as listed on the periodic table of elements. It is not formed by combining any one thing with any other; it exist as in the same way gold does. No magical philisopher's can copmbine a chemical to produce gold, neither will the combination of shrimp and vitamin c produce arsenic.
Dec 8, 2011 12:11
GUEST81327 I always have prawns with lemon..and citrus has vit.C.. Does this mean my days are numbered? Been doing this for more than 20yrs and im still alive..
Dec 8, 2011 18:56
GUEST25056 One of my favorite seafoods are prawns/shrimps and I take Vitamin C tablets everyday....... So why am I still alive???
Dec 8, 2011 20:36
GUEST5678
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST25056

One of my favorite seafoods are prawns/shrimps and I take Vitamin C tablets everyday....... So why am I still alive???

Maybe you are so lucky because you didn't eat too many prawns and VC tablets.

Just kidding! I read an article. It said that prawns did have organoarsenic. But people wouldn't get killed even they had prawns with VC unless the prawns had been polluted.

I am not sure what he said was true. Maybe, someone can eat a plate of prawns and drink a hug bottle of orange juice to prove that it is safe to eat prawns with VC.
Dec 8, 2011 21:32
GUEST41177 no

Vitamin C protects HL60 and U266 cells from arsenic toxicity

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1895087/
Dec 15, 2011 14:48
GUEST62254
Quote:

Originally Posted by LESBUB

Vitamin C is a harmless vitamin whilst providing some benefits it is IMPOSSIBLE to overdose on, any surplus amount is simply not absorbed by your body.
vitamin C overdose can cause kidney stones, so it is harmful after all
Dec 26, 2011 03:25
GUEST22533

YOU MAY POISON YOURSELF ACCIDENTALLY (I didn't know this myself)

A woman suddenly died unexpectedly with signs of bleeding from her ears, nose, mouth & eyes.
After a preliminary autopsy it was diagnosed that death was due to arsenic poisoning.
Where did the arsenic come from?
The police launched an in-depth and extensive investigation. A medical school professor was invited to come to solve the case.

The professor carefully looked at the contents from the< h. In less than half an hour, the mystery was solved.
The professor said: 'The deceased did not commit suicide and neither was she murdered, she died of accidental death due to ignorance!'
Everyone was puzzled, why accidental death?
The professor said: 'The arsenic was produced in the stomach of the deceased.' The deceased used to take 'Vitamin C' everyday, which in itself is not a problem.
The problem was that she ate a large portion of shrimp/prawn during dinner. Eating shrimp/prawn is not the problem that's why nothing happened to her family even though they had the same shrimp/prawn. However at the same time the deceased also took 'vitamin C', that is where the problem was!

Researchers at the University of Chicago in the United States , found through experiments, food such as soft-shell contain much higher concentration of five
potassium arsenic compounds.

Such fresh food by itself has no toxic effects on the human body.

However, in taking 'vitamin C', chemical reaction occurs and the original non-toxic elements change to toxic elements.

Arsenic poisoning has magma role and can cause paralysis to the small blood vessels. Therefore, a person who dies of arsenic poisoning will show signs of bleeding from the ears,
nose, mouth & eyes. Thus as a precautionary measure,

DO NOT eat shrimp/prawn when taking 'vitamin C'.

After reading this; please do not be stingy. Forward to your friends

Dec 29, 2011 07:38
GUESTMOUFID JAZ Simple lets try it and see. So we need a volunteer.
Page 4 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Prawns + Vitamin C=Poison?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code