Menu
Prawns + Vitamin C=Poison?
Jan 4, 2012 09:35
GUEST67844 My message is

we can see some saying it is right ans some saying wrong
do not know who to believe
but one thing . it is down to yourself to try or not.
remember consequences can be different or vary for each person.

do you want to try ???
Surely I dont want
Jan 7, 2012 07:58
GUEST12227 That is very true!!!
That is actually my investigatory project!!! and it work!!
because the prawns are polluted that's why there' s a chemical reaction!
Jan 20, 2012 00:51
GUESTFOXYKZN Yes this is an Old Wives Tale. I take Krimp Oil supplement and vitamin C twice a day and also eat prawns on weekends....dont believe everything you read people its just not true!!
Jan 22, 2012 12:41
GUEST48185 I just had a healthy serving of prawns for dinner and immediately after, I had 2 full oranges and I feel fine.
Jan 26, 2012 17:53
GUESTCONQUIS... Really? The chemical reaction only occurs when high dosage of VitC and high dosage Arsenic (not the element) [As3O2] (eg. on Prawns) are ingested in close proximity of time, not when you take VitC daily and eat prawns at night, or when you eat prawns and drink orange juice.

Science tends to prove that this is the case; just because you didn't die of orange juice and BBQ shrimps last Saturday doesn't mean it's a hoax.

Now, where's my one-million dollar that gentleman offered up a moment ago?
Feb 28, 2012 04:21
GUEST41250
Please read if you eat shrimps - YOU MAY POISON YOURSELF ACCIDENTALLY (I didn't know this myself)

A woman suddenly died unexpectedly with signs of bleeding from her ears, nose, mouth & eyes.
After a preliminary autopsy it was diagnosed that death was due to arsenic poisoning.
Where did the arsenic come from?
The police launched an in-depth and extensive investigation. A medical school professor was invited to come to solve the case.

The professor carefully looked at the contents from the< h. In less than half an hour, the mystery was solved.
The professor said: 'The deceased did not commit suicide and neither was she murdered, she died of accidental death due to ignorance!'
Everyone was puzzled, why accidental death?
The professor said: 'The arsenic was produced in the stomach of the deceased.' The deceased used to take 'Vitamin C' everyday, which in itself is not a problem.
The problem was that she ate a large portion of shrimp/prawn during dinner. Eating shrimp/prawn is not the problem that's why nothing happened to her family even though they had the same shrimp/prawn. However at the same time the deceased also took 'vitamin C', that is where the problem was!

Researchers at the University of Chicago in the United States , found through experiments, food such as soft-shell contain much higher concentration of five
potassium arsenic compounds.

Such fresh food by itself has no toxic effects on the human body.

However, in taking 'vitamin C', chemical reaction occurs and the original non-toxic elements change to toxic elements.

Arsenic poisoning has magma role and can cause paralysis to the small blood vessels. Therefore, a person who dies of arsenic poisoning will show signs of bleeding from the ears,
nose, mouth & eyes. Thus as a precautionary measure,

DO NOT eat shrimp/prawn when taking 'vitamin C'.

After reading this; please do not be stingy. Forward to your friends
May 9, 2012 09:28
GUESTLIEYA im a 22years old student and im suffering from chronic allergic reaction to seafood since i was 6 years old...
but what make me think all the time that.. when my mum cook seafood either prawn or crab or fish....i ate them even in a big amount..yet nothing happen accept just some itchy and some red dot come out at all my body skin surface...
but when i eat seafood with lemon juice... it react the other way round...
like..suddenly i feel like i got heart attack,...vomiting...bad headache.... my whole body even my face started to swell up like i'd been stung by group of bees..hard to breath....n many other bad effect..i had been sent to emergency room n had be given some injection..i think i had receive almost 12 injection just in 1 hour.....because of chronic allergic reaction....when doc took my blood for test...they found out it become worse because of the mix of seafood n vitamin c....so....since that incident...i never mix them up....
Feb 14, 2013 04:14
GUEST51145 Ironically, some medical studies have suggested that the administration of vitamin C and other substances combined may actually play a useful, if limited, role in counteracting chronic arsenic toxicity. And other studies have investigated how vitamin C combined with Arsenic Trioxide may increase the effectiveness of the drug as a cancer therapy.
Feb 14, 2013 20:21
  • WANHU
There are many schools of thoughts in medical science. Their findings too, differ.
Wan
Feb 17, 2013 00:06
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

There are many schools of thoughts in medical science. Their findings too, differ.
Wan

Well, the seafood is really dangerous because the oceans and lakes have been polluted seriously. So bad!
Page 5 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Prawns + Vitamin C=Poison?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code