Menu
Prawns + Vitamin C=Poison?
Feb 20, 2013 11:18
  • WANHU
You may go and see some "enchanted" islands off the Sabah coast in East Malaysia. Full of fresh marine fishes, and the deep seabed that you feel you can reach with your stretched arms.
Wan
Feb 20, 2013 20:29
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

It's my dream to visit some beautiful islands. Maldives is the place I have been dreaming for so long. Unfortunately, the airtickets are too expensive.

Malaysia is nice. I hope that I will have a chance to go there for a visit.
Feb 22, 2013 00:57
  • WANHU
Dear Raindrop, a lot of Mainland Chinese are visiting Malaysia nowadays. According to the Immigration Department's statistics from the Consulate General of Malaysia in Guangzhou, that branch office alone, receives 4000 applications per day for Malaysian visa.
Feb 22, 2013 01:01
  • WANHU
p/s Maldives Island is a nice place. I have been there once.
Wan
Feb 26, 2013 00:33
  • RAINDROP
Wow, Malaysia has already become a popular tourist destination. Anyway, I have to deposit enough money for my trip. Is it easy to apply for a Malaysian visa for a Chinese?
Mar 3, 2013 08:39
  • WANHU
So far there's no problem of applying for the visa. If you go to the consulate office yourself, the cost of visa is RMB80, usually be given 30 days single entry. They won't ask how much money you have. It's not like China today, you have to provide flight tickets and place of accommodation in order to apply for the Chinese visa.
Wan
Mar 5, 2013 03:22
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

It sounds very easy. They won't check my financial balance? China has require citizens from certain countries to offer their financial statement such as bank balance. Then they can decide if you can support your stay in China. The standard per day is 100 USD.
Mar 7, 2013 15:50
  • WANHU
Indeed, like the Chinese who want to visit India and the US of A. You are even required to provide photocopies of your bank accounts. So far Malaysians are not required to show proof of financial support or ability to obtain Chinese visa. USD100 per day is a lot to spend on food and accommodation in China, especially for a poor old man like me. Like now, I'm staying in Shenzhen (Luohu area) is only RMB88 per day for a small but cozy hotel room. On 11-17th the cost is RMB99 per day.
Wan
Mar 24, 2013 04:04
GUEST18164 i read a message in fb tat taking vitc with seafood can cause sudden bleeding death.. oh ,, i was shocked,, i want to know how far t is true?
Mar 26, 2013 02:47
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

That's really good news. My friend is a white collar and he works in Shanghai. He told me that he once planned to travel in the US but he was rejected when he applied for the visa.

He is single and doesn't have an apartment in Shanghai. What's more, he is not a local in Shanghai (His hukou is with his parents, a thousand miles from Shanghai). No wonder he was rejected. The consular officers might be worried that he won't come back to China again.
Page 6 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Prawns + Vitamin C=Poison?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code