Menu
married guy dates a Chinese girl
Feb 15, 2009 20:57
  • AMPILOT
Well Bobert, I don't worry too much about what people think so much as I wonder what people are going to do after they finish thinking, and the people I am wondering about are not my people - I know exactly what they are going to do - but HER people. Coolsprings, somewhere in your reply I believe there is wisdom, but, with apologies, I do not understand what on earth you are talking about . But I will sleep on it and see if it comes to me. As for what I believe I do believe I made a very extraordinary connection to someone, who, in alot of ways, is very much like me, and I both believe and am dead certain it happened when I least expected it, wasn't looking for it, and frankly thought it would never happen again. I further believe that encounter has made a big difference in my life.

With that, I also believe this thread has gone as far as it can go. Both she and you all have awakened considerable interest in China, and I have stocked up on some reading material about CHina's history, culture, and the transformations its undergoing today, which so profoundly are tied to our future. I look forward to visiting other parts of this forum as I learn to ask more sensible questions of it. Thanks everyone.
Feb 15, 2009 21:15
  • SHESGOTTOBE
1. “Excuse me SHESGOTTOBE but your sexism is showing again.”

Then you must have missed these from my post:

“Actually, the act of being faithful and honest to your wife/husband is not a case for being ‘self-righteous’. If you really, and I mean really love your spouse, you will never do anything that will hurt him/her. It will be very devastating for the wronged spouse.

But if you married for love and if it is true that you really care for your spouse, you decided on the day that you married him/her that he/she is the one for you.”

Take note of how I used wife/husband, him/her, he/she and how I used the word ‘spouse’ to make it apply to both parties. Obviously, you have not read my older posts where I trashed some women just the same.

2. “To infer that AMPILOT was "prowling for another" is a gross distortion of the stated facts. He said it was simply a chance meeting.”

We have chance encounters with different people every day and most of the time, we get along really well with them. We have the same interests and conversations are great. We usually end up friends because we decided that we would become great friends. Common sense tells me that it also takes a very conscious decision to step it up into an ‘affair’. I will buy the chance encounter but um… but I will not buy the ‘chance affair’ because you have to take a step in order to be dating.

Now, regarding motivations. Aside from the search for true love, it is true that there are women on the prowl for men for various reasons. Some reasons can be very obvious, like they are after your money or whatever, but for some reason, there are men who are oblivious to this. And then there are women who get their kicks out of breaking marriages. They want to prove to themselves that they are desirable enough to make a man leave his wife and family. Would a decent family man really want a woman who knows that she could be wrecking a marriage/family? What does that say about her? And if you are the woman, would you really want a man who is cheating on his wife? Wait till he finds another one. I do not know the motivation of the woman in question. If AMPILOT cannot decipher that himself, how can I? But, bear in mind that it takes two to tango. Actually, it doesn’t even matter what her motive is. I know men who know where to draw the line because their families are important to them. It takes a strong man to do that. I am glad to know them. They have proven that not all men are creeps.

I make fun of soap operas, and my humming of the tune to the Days of Our Lives is my sarcastic take on a thread that sounds like a script for a soap opera. Guess that didn’t register either.
Feb 15, 2009 21:24
  • SHESGOTTOBE
"Couples change, grow; evolve, hopefully at the same pace and in the same direction; sometimes not."

Of course. That’s why there is divorce so couples/husbands/wives have an option to get out of a marriage that they grew out of or is making them miserable. We don't have to agree but something tells me that there is a big difference between being married and dating another vs. divorcing first and then getting on with another.

Some say marriage is only a piece of paper. Actually, it is a legal contract which is why it is called a marriage contract. You can get sued if you violate the contract and you need a legal procedure to end the contract. Ironically, when people marry, they call it ‘settling down’. That means no more excitement, the boring, predictable life begins and you have decades to work your butt off to feed whatever you spawned. I guess it will take you 20 years of being married to realize that? *sarcasm*
Last edited by SHESGOTTOBE: Feb 15, 2009 21:25
Feb 16, 2009 02:37
  • BOBERT
Mmmm. I am sorry to see you end this thread AMPILOT. It's been a good read regardless if fact or fiction. Unfortunately it has now degenerated into a pious and judgemental forum for male bashing. Originally your story teased out some provocative responses but now it has polarised your audience as SHESGOTTOBEs aggressive and simplistic attack attests. Obviously you haven't fooled her for one minute. She "will not buy the chance affair". I doubt you or your story has "proven that not all men are creeps". Her pilloried assasination on your charachter while all you sought was clarity from a female perspective has made me feel vaguely unclean to be male and to be here. Good luck with your "prowling" and au revoir.

One of the "creeps".
Last edited by BOBERT: Feb 16, 2009 13:50
Feb 17, 2009 11:46
GUEST28162 Master Po once explained that a moth is attracted to light or campfire because it is positively phototactic even though its journey may lead to an untimely demise. Nobody really knows the reason for its destructive behavior although it could be genetic. Likewise, people are built with similar attributes. Some women are treated as a commodity in China. Chairman Mao once said that there were too many women in China. He offered Henry Kissinger to send some women over to USA as a gesture of good will. Because of poverty and survival, some Chinese women thought that being a second, third, or forth wife (concubine) of a wealthy man is a viable alternative to homelessness. Morality simply cannot beat hunger. Chinese men still keep “love birds” outside of their marriages today. With recent financial downturn, they find it hard to keep up with the added expenses associated with their “toy-friends”. Some government officials are known to keep these “love-birds” at the taxpayers’ expense in China. Despite of age, some men are constantly “phallic”. Westerners call it “a piece of tail”. Ampilot has his co-ordinates set. C’est la vie!
Kwai Chang Caine

Feb 22, 2009 09:27
GUEST17555 Sounds like a cheap price for a Women..
Feb 26, 2009 00:44
  • BOBERT
There is no such thing as "a cheap price for a woman". They all end up being far more expensive than you imagined.
Mar 1, 2009 22:13
GUEST64103 well. she was originally from Fuzhou??? no offense, but there is high chance that she was a prostitute. I apologize if that is a disappointing news to you, but most of the girls from Fujian province in North America are sex workers.
Mar 1, 2009 22:41
  • AMPILOT
No, not originally from Fuzhou, and nor is she in continental north america. I am kind of indignant at your suggestion, and if this was 150 years ago, I would be inviting you to a duel. This not being 150 years ago, all I can do is tell you I will take all the abuse anyone in this forum cares to dish out about my intentions and situation, but I won't have anyone speaking ill of her.
Mar 2, 2009 00:15
  • JCNILE123
[[[well. she was originally from Fuzhou??? no offense, but there is high chance that she was a prostitute. I apologize if that is a disappointing news to you, but most of the girls from Fujian province in North America are sex workers. ]]]]

Ill-bred pig...
Page 5 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: married guy dates a Chinese girl
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code