Menu
Mistress market sucks during the financial crisis!
Feb 20, 2009 00:50
  • JIMMYB
Those millionaires and multi-millionaires suffer a lot from the global financial crisis. Many have begun to cut back their spending on their mistresses. The mistresses get ewer gifts and lower allowance now. You might think it is normal because they also need to save costs. However, the following news will surprise you very much.

In order to cut the “expenses”, Mr. Fan (a boss of a company in Qingdao) got a new idea: holding a three-round competition for his five mistresses. Only the one who survives the three-round competition will be qualified to stay with him. Really a brilliant idea! I guess that he must be a fan of Super Girl. However, things didn’t come out as he expected. Ms. Yu who was eliminated during the “competition” took revenge on him. She invited Mr. Fan and his other four mistresses for an outing. On their way to the destination, she plunged her car over a cliff. Ms. Yu died on the spot and the other four people got injured. At last, Mr. Fan gave 580,000 yuan as compensation to Yu’s family.

How ironic it is! Five girls competed for the right of being a mistress and finally they almost lost their lives. The mistress market in China seems to have been affected by the global crisis too.
Feb 20, 2009 02:35
  • LEOPOLD219
Currently, being a mistress has become a very popular profession. No worry about money, house, cosmetics etc. All of these will be provided by your men. No wonder more and more pretty girls choose this as their profession. Well, I actually admire Mr. Fan. He knows to "save money" during the financial crisis. I bet that he will find more mistresses when the situation gets better and better. At that time, mistress market will be prosperous again.
Feb 20, 2009 10:31
  • SASHA
Man, that's so sick...
Feb 20, 2009 18:30
  • GRIZ326
5 mistresses?

Keeping one wife happy is tough enough
Feb 20, 2009 20:13
  • MARRIE
These days, Taiwan Maffia gang is laying off members and cutting benefits during financial difficulties.

Jimmy, I hear such "mistress" culture filling the air in some business management functions, which not only exist in China but overseas as well. the tone of specific business operation - corp cultures - was deep rooted. It is doubtful that corp with such culture - backward interal control - is doing well. Through observations, those 'mistress' usually work as general clerk looking and walking around and keep watching what is happening in the working place... they are usually called messengers old or younge. It sounds ridiculous to excercising control in such a way, but it's a way of no way out considering the leader himself lack of talents and managment admin. knowledge. Usually it doen't occur in private corp because shareholders as entrepreneurs are less likely to play politics are not willing to playing their own money for those ''parasites' who cannot create value in substance.
Feb 20, 2009 22:44
  • GARYKINKADE
Darn it....instead of getting a BBA in accounting I should have majored in mistress management.
Thank you MARRIE for exposing this tactic.
Darn it, just darn it.
By the way, these soon to be unemployed women could start a new reality tv program called
"Survival of the Super Mistresses" or something like that.
Might as well, as these reality programs are just all over the place and no intellectual substance
whatsoever. However, I'm guessing that a lot of these mistresses are more intelligent that the
men they are working for.
Feb 21, 2009 04:13
  • WANHU
Managing mistress instead of managing change. Soon will emerge a new management guru for this subject.

Wan
Feb 21, 2009 12:19
  • MARRIE
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Managing mistress instead of managing change. Soon will emerge a new management guru for this subject.

Wan

There seems to be such a guru hanging around like a loyal steward taking care of everything 24/7 ..no judgement on this methodology here, but in this case as Jimmy described, it sort of employee collusion - a group of nasty wolf behavior, which is a significant risk factor that could lead to fraudulent behavior and damaging biz performance.

If I someday committed an auditing engagement with corp like that, such enviroment factors would weigh a lot in my assessment of inherent risks,control risks and risk of materiality of misstatement...Assurance engagement require professional skeptism and judgement which is unavoidable.
Feb 22, 2009 22:06
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by MARRIE

Usually it doen't occur in private corp because shareholders as entrepreneurs are less likely to play politics are not willing to playing their own money for those ''parasites' who cannot create value in substance.

Marrie, either in private corp or state-owned enterprises, the "mistress phenomenon" is very common. As for those offcials who keep mistresses, they are very cautious on this issue. Their mistresses are hidden very well in some places. You know why they are so cautious because their positions will be replaced if others know that they keep mistresses. On contrary, those bosses of private enterprises who keep mistresses needn't worry so much. The worst situation is that their wives discover he keep mistresses. They either divorce their wives or depart their mistresses. These are what they usually do.

Well, I don't understand how those five mistresses could stay together so harmoniously. Wouldn't they fight for that guy? Some men do what they can to keep each mistress invisible to each other because they don't want to see them fight. This guy is really different. His five mistresses knew that he kept several women but they did anything. I do feel pity for them.
Feb 23, 2009 19:53
  • LEOPOLD219
Quote:

Originally Posted by GARYKINKADE View Post

Darn it....instead of getting a BBA in accounting I should have majored in mistress management. Thank you MARRIE for exposing this tactic. Darn it, just darnit.
By the way, these soon to be unemployed women could start a new reali...

Those offcials and rich bosses, especially those who raise more than one mistresses, must like to hire people who are adept at managing mistresses.

"Survival of the Super Mistresses" ? Excellent, Gary. I guess they will be famous in one night. Some other guys might raise them again. By the way, some might be chosen to sing or shoot films.
Feb 23, 2009 22:34
GUESTAIKI Millionaire cuts back 500,000 RMB on expenditure; he still has 500,000 RMB to spend.

Factory Manager used to earn 5,000 RMB a month; he is now unemployment, factory closed down.

Migrant Worker had a job that earns him 2,000 RMB every month; now he is still stuck in a faraway city, no money, no job.

Mistress used to enjoy luxury living until now - never mind, she still got OK looks to carry on....

I'd say millionaires and mistresses are in a much better situation than managers and migrants - these are the ones that got sucked!!
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Mistress market sucks during the financial crisis!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code