Menu
Halogen Cooker
Feb 25, 2009 13:09
  • GAFFER
Has anyone used or have knowledge of Halogen cookers? We don't have space for a normal cooker and wondered if this might be a good compromise. (Plus the boss hasn't ever used an oven)

Feb 27, 2009 03:03
  • ZOEY
Gaffer, is it used to squeeze vegetables and fruits?
Feb 27, 2009 03:22
  • GAFFER
No Zoey it is actually a cooker. Inside there is a circular 1300 Watt halogen heat lamp and a fan;

Quote" Cooks at 40% faster than conventional methods saving time and money on reduced energy costs. The halogen element heats up almost instantly, reducing preheating times and the fan-assist function circulates the air so food cooks evenly, without the need for turning. So versatile, the temperature adjustment control allows you to use the halogen oven for defrosting, baking, roasting, steaming and, unlike a microwave, will perfectly crisp and brown food. So now you can enjoy crisp pastries, evenly cooked biscuits and juicy, perfectly browned meat".

They all seem to be made in China but maybe only for export? In the UK they sell from around 325 yuan
Feb 27, 2009 03:37
  • ZOEY
Thanks for telling me this, Gaffer. Currently, many Chinese families use the electromagnetic oven. You just need to connect it with socket and then you can cook whatever you like.

Feb 28, 2009 03:15
  • GAFFER
I was hoping to introduce some typically English cuisine to our mostly Chinese menu. Many dishes need an oven to cook them. If anyone is interested in English recipes, this is quite a good site with photos.
http://www.cookipedia.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Category:English_recipes

Feb 28, 2009 03:30
  • SUMMERSNOW
It looks so tempting, Gaffer. What are the ingredients? I just saw beef and brocoli.
Feb 28, 2009 06:04
  • GAFFER
The illustration shows a traditional English Sunday lunch; Roast beef, Yorkshire Pudding, roast potato (and optionally) cabbage, broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, carrot, cauliflower, peas, Served with beef gravy/horse radish sauce, English Mustard.........now you made me feel hungry.
Jun 20, 2009 04:42
GUEST16176 Halogen cooker is very useful cooker. you can bake a cake, roast a chicken, steam fish, roast chicken wing, paper wrapped chicken, garlic toast, bake cookies, use it like an oven. try it and you will find it so useful. Pancy.
Jun 20, 2009 11:50
  • DAVEC
Thats not an English roast.

Its only a roast if there is so much gravy on it you can bearly see the food. As for the yorkshire pud, that needs to be 6 inches bigger
Jun 20, 2009 15:51
  • COOLSPRINGS
I like to use big traditional Chinese cooking pot of raw iron that is one of the reasons that cause chinese food to be more delicious. The dishes with salt, vinegar and other Chinese cooking sauce and dressing together with a layer of iron powder under a high temperature is healthy food therapy. I think American ‘Teflon’ was banned in China.

Beef fried and cooked in chinese raw iron pot

Jun 21, 2009 02:30
  • GAFFER
Yes Dave I agree, there has to be plenty of gravy. But as a Yorshireman I know about Yorkshire pudding. Those shown are baked in bun tins and are easier for restaurants etc to handle, but they are also made as one large cake tin size. It was also traditional to have the Yorkshire pudding as a starter before the main meal. As kids we also sometimes had it as a desert with golden syrup.

How is life in SZ? I'll be travelling to China on Tuesday but this time flying via Paris to GZ instead of HK and catching the bus.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Halogen Cooker
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code