Menu
What do they quarrel for?
Mar 4, 2009 01:21
  • JANE01
Quarrel between father and mother happens a lot in a family. My parents are no exception. Before entering the college, my dad and my mom quarreled frequently with each other thought they made up quickly after quarreling. Actually, it was no big deal. They just quarreled on trivial things. In most cases, the issues had something to do with my sister and I, for example, my college tuition. When they were quarreling, my sister and I went to our own room. When the "war" was over, my sister went to my mom and comforted her. However, they seldom quarrel with each other now. My sister studies in a college far away from home and I work in another city. Every time we get back, they are happy to see us. They seem to forget how to quarrel now.

It is said that occasional quarrel is good for marriage stability. Quarrel is a way for the couple to exchange their different view. Besides, sometimes it reveals the problems in your marriage. However, instant quarrel is definitely harmful. They may cause adverse effects on their kids.

Do your parents quarrel with each other? How often and on what issues?
Last edited by JANE01: Mar 4, 2009 01:23
Mar 4, 2009 02:36
  • WANHU
I beg to differ. We may have different views, but is it worth to quarrel for? I really don't remember much because my dad passed away, I was 9 and number 9 from a family of 10. Why should we quarrel when we can have good discussions and accept that we differ?
Wan
Mar 4, 2009 21:56
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Why should we quarrel when we can have good discussions and accept that we differ?

Wan

Wan, did you ever hear that there was a couple who never quarreled with each other? I don't think such a couple exists in the world. We all know that quarrel is a bad thing and we try to avoid it. However, it still comes sometimes. It is inevitable.
Mar 5, 2009 20:20
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Quarrel is inevitable in marriage life. But the parents should pay attention to what kind of effects they impose on their kids. Especially, they shouldn't quarrel in front of their kids.
Mar 5, 2009 21:08
  • SHESGOTTOBE
My parents quarreled, too when I and my brothers were young. As usual, they are about trivial things. It is only natural especially between very close people living under one roof. Even siblings quarrel, too. The only way for people living under one roof not to quarrel once in a while is when nobody would speak up. What puzzles me is that there seems to be a pattern or should I say, stages. They usually quarrel when they are younger but once the kids are all grown up, they stop quarreling. I guess they got tired of it.
Mar 8, 2009 22:27
  • JIMMYB
Quote:
They usually quarrel when they are younger but once the kids are all grown up, they stop quarreling. I guess they got tired of it.

It's true. Probably their "bad temper" is gone as time passes by.
Mar 10, 2009 22:03
  • SHESGOTTOBE
The good thing about it is that there was no physical violence. They never hit each other. Just arguments.
Mar 22, 2009 20:58
GUEST6751
Quote:

Originally Posted by SHESGOTTOBE

The good thing about it is that there was no physical violence. They never hit each other. Just arguments.

SHE, did your parents fight each other at their 20s or 30s for something? Young people usually had bad temper when they were young. If not, they are really model couple.

By the way, do you know the meaning of "相敬如宾"?
Mar 22, 2009 22:31
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST6751

SHE, did your parents fight each other at their 20s or 30s for something? Young people usually had bad temper when they were young. If not, they are really model couple.

By the way, do you know the meaning of "相敬如宾"?

Yea, they were in their 30's I think. I was a kid. I didn't really gave that much thought to it. However, I can understand now. It must have been a stressful time for them. They have jobs and 3 kids to raise. When you are stressed, even small things can get to you.

No, I don't know the meaning of "相敬如宾". Enlighten me.
Mar 22, 2009 23:08
GUEST6751
Quote:

Originally Posted by SHESGOTTOBE View Post

Yea, they were in their 30's I think. I was a kid. I didn't really gave that much thought to it. However, I can understand now. It must have been a stressful time for them. They have jobs and 3 kids to raise. When you are stressed, even small things can get to you.

No, I don't know the meaning of "相敬如宾". Enlighten me. [mo...

Agree. During hard times, people felt stressed and were easy to get angry.

SHE, "相敬如宾" is used to describe the relationship between the husband and the wife. It means "treat each other with respect like guests".
Aug 15, 2009 02:51
GUEST10436 i had a small quarrel with my dad and he decided to stop the internet service to my computer so what shall i do?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What do they quarrel for?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code