Menu
should I get married?
May 16, 2009 10:53
No, you shouldn't get married just because you want a green card.
You should get married because your in love and genuinely want to
be with that person. Don't rush into something that you might regret
later.
Jul 21, 2009 10:18
ok. thanks everyone. Now i am blessed to marry my guy and he's not a westerner.

what i wanna say is thank you and sorry for my messing around around you........

and that was just a whim. don't take it too seriously and i was too native at that time.

Love is not something we can take advantage of. and i am fortunate enough to realize it.

and God Bless Everyone! have a nice day!
Jul 21, 2009 13:19
  • WANHU
Yes, love is strange. Sometimes we hope and search for A but instead found B or C. Try your best to nurture, care and respect, with shared responsibility. We may joke at times, but do take life seriously with focus.
May God bless us all.
Wan
Jul 21, 2009 22:21
  • ICEBLUE
Good to hear that you find your true love. " Love is not something we can take advantage of". A loveless life is like a hell. Green card can not give you warm. A loving husband give your warm and love.
Sep 13, 2009 14:30
GUEST47136 This whole thread disgusts me. Putting your personal life on here like that. Thinking Americans are a great target for your own selfish desires. It is people like you who give away this bad reputation that Asian women have for taking advantage of others. Marriage is about commitment, good times and bad times, and it should not be a decision made under the pressure of when the next flight for vacation/career leaves. Good luck, and yes I agree that things will come back around in the end to haunt you if you are not honest about your intentions.

Marriage today has been downgraded to a less serious commitment, because of people of all walks of life, just like you, who are not in truly in it for the right reasons. If you were, you wouldn't have posted online a quest to help you with your personal life changing decision to marry an American man you might not want to be with the rest of your life.

Sorry, it is that simple. No wonder people divorce here in America so easy, and no wonder no one wants to work on their marriages anymore, or even try to love again, where there are deceptive people out there with selfish intentions when entering into marriage. It makes me really sad.
Sep 26, 2009 12:35
GUEST11050 Life goes on despite of your abrasive views on other people’s prospective. We enjoy the freedom of speech in China that was a forbidden topic in the past. Although the extent of such freedom is not comparable to that of the Western countries, it has been a remarkable improvement. People discuss and share their personal matters candidly on this forum from which you can appreciate. You always have the option to log off and remained ignorant. The social disorders happening in the USA has nothing with do with the topic. I have learned a great deal from reading comments made by a group of regular contributors here. Thank You!
Gee Kam Chung
Oct 4, 2009 07:21
GUEST46156 Hi
If i marry with a American girl in 10months then they while give me green card not marry for just green card but to spent the whole life.How can i get a girl to marry?Please reply
Oct 9, 2009 15:48
GUEST12782 Chinese girls want a green card,c'mon americans at last do something good a give chinks an oportunity.
Oct 24, 2009 22:05
  • HERBEAT
Well I think it's not fair to say so. Not all Chinese girls want a green card. Some even have no interested in living in another country. And I know there are some English speaking people want Chinese green card.
But anyway, green card is just a result of a marriage, not a reason for marriage...
Oct 25, 2009 00:33
  • SUKUKI
Don't do it! By the way, does anyone know how to make avatar appear on forum posting???mine just keep coming up as blank!!
Page 2 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: should I get married?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code