Menu
Buses between shanghai and tangkou/huangshan scenic spot
Feb 22, 2011 04:59
GUEST44216 Hi Ellyse, I would like to visit Huangshan and Hongcun from 27-29 March. I would like to be back in Shanghai on 29 March.
As I have only 2 days, would it be more time efficient to go straight from Shanghai to Huangshan mountain on Sun 27 Mar, spend one night on the mountains, watch the sunrise (I have heard it is spectacular) and on Mon, 28 Mar go straight to Hongcun. Should I get a bus or taxi from Huangshan to Hongcun? How far away is Hongcun? How much are the fares? I understand Shanghai-Huangshan is about 6 hours by bus. Is the first bus from Shanghai-Huangshan at 6:38 am? Not sure whether I should spend a night in Hongcun or Huangshan. Is there a direct bus from Hongcun to Shanghai (how long is the journey) or should I take the bus from Huangshan. There are two of us travelling. Assume I can leave my bags at the bus station or railway station.
Feb 22, 2011 21:02
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST44216 View Post

Hi Ellyse, I would like to visit Huangshan and Hongcun from 27-29 March. I would like to be back in Shanghai on 29 March.
As I have only 2 days, would it be more time efficient to go straight from Shanghai to Huangshan mountain on Sun 27 Mar, spend one night on the mountains, watch the sunrise (I have heard it is spectacular) and on Mon, 28 ...

It is better to go to Huangshan Scenic Area (not Huangshan City) from Shanghai directly. It saves you time and trouble. The first bus departs from Shanghai South Bus Station at 06:28 am.

It’s better to stay on Huangshan Mountain. You want to watch the sunrise, won’t you? From Huangshan to Hongcun, you could take a bus to Qianxian County first (more than an hour and around rmb15) and then hire a van (15 minutes and within rmb10) to Hongcun. But I’m not clear about the operation time of the bus. You’d better enquiry from the Huangshan (Tangkou) Bus station. Actually, the most convenient way is hiring a car, about rmb150 from Huangshan to Hongcun.

There is no direct bus from Hongcun to Shanghai. You need to go to Qianxian County first. There are a few buses running to Shanghai from Qianxian County. If you miss the bus, keep traveling to Huangshan City (Tunxi Bus station), there are more buses to Shanghai from that station. Or you could hire a bus from Hongcun to send you to Huangshan City directly (rmb150-200 and 1.5 hours), then take the long-distance bus to Shanghai.

This is a one-way trip and seems you need to have the bags with you. Why don’t you leave them in Shanghai and just carry some necessities with you?
Feb 23, 2011 01:00
GUESTROGERROY Hi! Ellyse
Where we to take a long distance bus to Tangkou from Shanghai and can we buy the tickets on sunday at the station (one day advance)?.From Tangkou long much time to reach mountain foot by bus ?

Thk
Roy
Feb 23, 2011 03:47
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTROGERROY

Hi! Ellyse
Where we to take a long distance bus to Tangkou from Shanghai and can we buy the tickets on sunday at the station (one day advance)?.From Tangkou long much time to reach mountain foot by bus ?

Thk
Roy

You could take the bus at Shanghai South Long-distance Bus station, close to Shanghai Railway station. I think you could buy the ticket one day in advance. Or you may counsult the station directly at 021-54353535. Tangkou Bus Station is already at the foot of Huangshan Mountain.
Feb 23, 2011 05:08
GUEST44216 Hi Ellyse

Thank you for your suggestion about leaving my luggage in Shanghai - I shall do that. My proposed itinerary is:

27 Mar
Depart Shanghai to Huangshan Scenic Area (ETD 6:28 am bus), Overnight Huangshan summit
Question: Assume the bus will stop at Huangshan Scenic Area Do I still need to connect with another bus or is Huangshan Scenic Area where I can start climbing the mountain?

28 Mar Yellow Mountain to Hongcun - you suggested taking a bus to Qianxian County first (more than an hour and around rmb15) and then hire a van (15 minutes and within rmb10) to Hongcun. Is it better to go from Yellow Mountain to Hongcun via Tunxi? Not sure if this makes sense - it is just that I remember reading it somewhere.
I thought I would spend the day in Hongcun before taking a taxi to Huangshan to catch the overnight train to Shanghai. Would it be hard to get a taxi from Hongcun to Shanghai at night? Can you let me know departure time of train. I thought if I were to take a train I would arrive Shanghai early in the morning which would give me more time to spend in Shanghai.
I am sorry If I seem to be asking the same questions. Thank you for yourpatience.
Feb 24, 2011 00:57
  • BL2022
27 Mar
The Tangkou Bus Station is about 1 kilometer away from the front gate of Mt. Huangshan. But visitors usually begin to climb the mountain from Ciguang Pavilion or Yungu Temple, which is a little further. So I think you’d better take a bus to Ciguang Pavilion or Yungu Temple first and then begin to climb the mountain. It will save you energy.

28 Mar
It makes sense to go from Mt. Huangshan to Hongcun via Tunxi. There is a direct tourism bus line departing from Tunxi Bus Station to Hongcun at 0800, 0900, 1000, 1300, 1400 and 1600.

You’d better reserve a car earlier when you will be in Hongcun to send you to Huangshan Railway station. Anyway, Hongcun is a village and there aren’t so many taxis. About the overnight train from Huangshan to Shanghai, you could take K8420/K8417. It leaves at 1910 and arrives in Shanghai at 0735. You could search the info by your own at http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/
Feb 28, 2011 00:43
  • YANGZHE
There're a number of hotels and sunrise viewing points, what is suitable would depend on your route.
Buses to Tangkou depart from Hangzhou West long-distance bus station. It probably takes around 3+ hours to arrive at Tangkou.
Apr 14, 2011 08:13
GUEST77585 I will be staying the night in Tunxi and hoping to take a bus early from there to the mountains. Where do these buses leave from(in Tunxi) and what times? Also can you take a bus directly from Tunxi to Taiping cable car? I stay the night at paiyunlou hotel. Thanks.
Apr 14, 2011 21:20
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST77585

I will be staying the night in Tunxi and hoping to take a bus early from there to the mountains. Where do these buses leave from(in Tunxi) and what times? Also can you take a bus directly from Tunxi to Taiping cable car? I stay the night at paiyunlou hotel. Thanks.

The bus from Tunxi to Huangshan scenic area departs from 0630-1730 every 30 minutes. It leaves at Tunxi bus station. Tunxi is not big, you could ask way from the hotel staff.

THe bus will not take you to the cable car station, but bus transfer center in the scenic area. From there, you could take a bus to the cable car station directly. Good luck~
May 11, 2011 03:36
GUEST48977 Hi Ellyse,

Please help me with some questions. I will go to Mt. Haungshan on May 18-19. I'll stay at Tunxi. My question is What is the fastest way going from Tunxi to Shanghai? Is it possible that i leave tunxi around 2 Pm. and arrive Shanghai before 7.00-8.00 PM. If yes where should I contact that transportation?
Thank you in Advance
Regards,
Win
Page 5 of 11    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Buses between shanghai and tangkou/huangshan scenic spot
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code