Menu
Physical examination (medical) required for Z, X visas?
Aug 28, 2012 08:51
GUEST31220 Hi Everyone,

I believe it is not very clear whether the medical examination has to be complete before or after arriving to China. For those stating that it must be completed before arriving to China, CAN YOU PLEASE INFORM WERE SHOULD I GET THE MEDICAL FORM IN ORDER FOR MY DOCTOR TO FILL IT IN? It´s the Embassy the one that should provide it to me or should it be my employer?

Regards
Aug 31, 2012 04:38
GUEST13242 Hi GUEST31220, you can download the physical examination form from here http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/pdf/physical.pdf
Sep 25, 2012 00:40
GUEST50117 There is no definite answer to this question. While Chinese embassies within western countries will work to a strict set of guidelines and policies the same cannot be said of the government agencies that operate within china. You(or a school on your behalf) will need to deal with both in order to get a z visa and then the residence permit that ensure you are legally employed in China.

You can be almost certain that you will need to do a health check once you arrive in China on your z-visa in order to then apply for the residence permit. Medium to Large Chinese cities have special centers in which this is done and any half decent employer will assist you in doing it.

Most people will not need to do a health check before they arrive. however, it seems that some provinces within china do require people from certain countries and of certain ages to do a health check before they will issue your new employer with a foreign expert certificate and letter of invitation which is essential to get your initial z visa. As with all policies in china they are very subject to interpretation and can change without warning. As well as the necessity to have a health check (or not) prior to arrival in china other requirements such as nationality, age, experience and qualifications all differ from province to province.

If you find a reputable employer with experience of employing foreign teachers on a z-visa/residence permit then they will know best what is required for that specific area of china. This could include doing a health check in your own country.
May 31, 2013 11:08
GUEST13522 Hi,

I would be travelling to china -Shanghai soon from my company at client location , for a short team of 3 month ( related to I.T. implemention work ) from India.

I have a rare heart problem ( Corrected Tranposition ) which means a birth defect in heart but its functionality is same as normal heart.

Working in this field from past 12 years and touch wood nothing has happened

My question :
Medicals have been done in India - Mumbai and the Cardiac DR said you can work and the HEAD OF Govt Hospital gave a fit report .

My question will I have to re -do Medical Test when I am in shanghai from 13 August - Sep - 11 Oct .

NO TB / NO AIDS reported :
Please Do let me know , Also what type of documents do i need to take along with me
Jun 2, 2013 09:20
GUEST37140 hi,

I got active pulmonary tb while in beijing last year and i was expatriated. I am done with the 6 months medication now and i am already cleared by the doctors from my home country. Will this cause a problem with I apply for work visa in china again? The TB is not contagious anymore and is treated however there is still scarring.
Jun 2, 2013 19:41
GUEST36165 Hi I have the same question as you. I acquired TB last year while working in Beijing. I am done with the medication and I have another offer to work in China. Will with the lung scarring cause a problem?
Jun 3, 2013 20:39
GUEST5526 GUEST37140 and GUEST36165,

I think it is ok for both of you to apply for the Z visa. I suggest you both prepare a report from your doctors. It should write that your TB has been cured. Anyway, this can't be 100 percent successful. The doctor who does physical examinations for work visa have their own opinions.
Jun 6, 2013 19:02
GUEST80207 I was told by the visa processing unit (visaforchina.org) that a completed physical examination form would be required in order to obtain the Z Visa. Can anyone tell me how the "neck", "eyes", "extremities" etc fields should be filled out? Is it just a tick to say "yes they are present"?! Or should you write "normal" "good" or what? Anyone got a completed form to check what was written beside these fields so I can get my doctor to do the same?
Jun 8, 2013 15:44
GUEST12647 Hi,

I would be travelling to china -Shanghai soon from my company at client location , for a short team of 3 month ( related to I.T. implemention work ) from India.

I have a rare heart problem ( Corrected Tranposition ) which means a birth defect in heart but its functionality is same as normal heart.

Working in this field from past 12 years and touch wood nothing has happened

My question :
Medicals have been done in India - Mumbai and the Cardiac DR said you can work and the HEAD OF Govt Hospital gave a fit report .

My question will I have to re -do Medical Test when I am in shanghai from 13 August - Sep - 11 Oct .

NO TB / NO AIDS reported :
Please Do let me know , Also what type of documents do i need to take along with me

Hi I am still waiting for the Answer on this post
Jun 9, 2013 03:27
GUEST7885 GUEST12647,

It depends on what kind visa you get. I think F type is enough for you. If you have a F type, you won't be required to do the medical test. If you are required to apply for a Z type, you need to do a medical test when you enter China. The test result is a must for applying to the resident permit.

To my understanding, you just have a short business trip in China. So it shouldn't be a problem for you to apply for a F type one.
Page 3 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Physical examination (medical) required for Z, X visas?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code