Menu
When will this Chinese little girl have a good life?
Aug 18, 2009 04:20
  • LEONARDO
While working, she still paid attention to watching out her young siblings who were playing near her.

Aug 18, 2009 04:24
  • LEONARDO
Life is hard. From a poverty-stricken family, Zhang Qianqian knows it quite well. She chose to work on Summer Vacation to lessen her parents' burden.

Aug 18, 2009 04:28
  • LEONARDO
She is loading bricks onto a handcart.

Aug 18, 2009 04:33
  • LEONARDO
Life is a bumpy and tough journey. A long way is ahead!

Aug 18, 2009 04:37
  • LEONARDO
Qianqian is frowning:" when will I have a good life?"

Aug 18, 2009 13:37
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Four children? What happened to the one-child policy?

I can adopt her if she wants to.
Last edited by SHESGOTTOBE: Aug 18, 2009 13:38
Aug 18, 2009 13:50
This is life,different life you can learn different things,you parents give you life,but you can change your own life in future,i am sure she will cahanges her life step by step.
Aug 18, 2009 18:03
  • MARRIE
i see lots of children, most of them are non-Chinese here where i live starting part-time jobs in Grade 9. I believe If she does not drop school because of her part time job, specifically a help with her parents during summer holidays, this experience will help her a lot in the future.

Aug 18, 2009 20:59
  • ICEBERG
I sincerely wish that her parents won't let him drop out of schol because to poverty. The only way out for the Children of the poor is to receive good education and find a well-paid job. Provided that this girl drops out of school, her parents' present lifestyle will be her own future lifestyle. May God bless this respectable girl!
Aug 19, 2009 21:51
  • LEONARDO
Quote:

Originally Posted by SHESGOTTOBE

Four children? What happened to the one-child policy?
I can adopt her if she wants to.

She, good question! The one-child policy works well in most parts of China. Well, in some remote rural areas, parents still prefer sons because boys are born physically strong, hence good labors. According to its etymology, the Chinese character "男(nán)”(means male or man), is conjoined by two Chinese characters 田(tián) (means field, farmland) 力(lì)(labor)(田:farmland+力:labor= farmland labor), which means labor on the farmland(田中的劳力). So the Chinese ancestor has defined man’s role in the society as “inborn good labor on the farmland”. Despite thousands of years has passed, China remains a country (strictly speaking) if agriculture (China has about 800 million farmers). In some rural areas, farming remains the main production activity and the major source of the farmers’ income. Mechanization is not popularized in some remote rural areas due to various reasons (whether due to geographical conditions or lacking machinery). Farming is mainly undertaken by manual labors and male are born stronger labors than female, hence the preference for sons in some rural parts. Back to this thread, Zhang Qianqian’s parents have four children. Qianqian is a girl, and she has three siblings. She has a younger sister and a twin of youngest brothers. It is possible that Qianqian’s parents gave birth to two daughters first and they still wanted to have a baby boy. So beyond their control, they gave birth to a twin of baby boys. Four children are surly a heavy burden on such a poverty-stricken family. There might be a vicious cycle for many such families in China that “Because of poverty, →wanna have more kids (male kids,good labors) → (more kids→heavier burden →worse education opportunity) →poorer.(The more kids a poor family have, the poorer. Certainly, it is not always true, but it does apply to many such families).

Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: When will this Chinese little girl have a good life?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code